Lost Contacts, What Can I Do?

• Replies:6
  • Answered
Stanley Norman
  • Forum posts: 5

May 11, 2019, 5:30:03 PM via Website

My son used my Samsung to play games. Unfortunately, the contacts on the device were deleted by accident. I wondered whether the contacts could be retrieved?

Best answer
eSparkBiz
  • Forum posts: 107

Jun 17, 2019, 8:07:57 AM via Website

You can check the Android device's contact database file. Path is providers.contacts/databases. To get this folder you can install aSQLiteManager which can help to access .db files on your devices.

If the folder is empty then it is clear that contacts are deleted. And, if you have saved contacts to Gmail account then it is possible to bring them back.

Helpful?
Stanley Norman, Deactivated Account and 1 more Stanley NormanDeactivated Accountmarco sarli
Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

Jun 17, 2019, 4:30:07 AM via Website

Probably your contacts are not deleted,please check "Contacts" App,then tap on the "menu" button and then choose "Settings" > "Contacts to Display".

After that, you can return and check whether you got the lost contacts back or not.

But if it is still not back, you need to use Android Contacts recovery to get them back.

— modified on Jun 19, 2019, 3:39:42 AM

Helpful?
Best answer
eSparkBiz
  • Forum posts: 107

Jun 17, 2019, 8:07:57 AM via Website

You can check the Android device's contact database file. Path is providers.contacts/databases. To get this folder you can install aSQLiteManager which can help to access .db files on your devices.

If the folder is empty then it is clear that contacts are deleted. And, if you have saved contacts to Gmail account then it is possible to bring them back.

Helpful?
Stanley Norman, Deactivated Account and 1 more Stanley NormanDeactivated Accountmarco sarli
Stanley Norman
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 14, 2019, 4:45:17 PM via Website

I really appreciate it a lot for your suggestion.

Helpful?
xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Dec 29, 2019, 11:14:04 AM via Website

If there is no backup, first stop using it. Then use a pro data recovery tool like Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery to help you recover them back. In such situation, you need to root your Samsung phone. Or you can also ask help from pro shop?

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Dec 30, 2019, 4:53:25 AM via Website

If you have a Google account your contacts get back upped there

Helpful?
Joy of Smartphone
  • Forum posts: 22

Apr 27, 2021, 8:47:52 AM via Website

If you have synced your phone contacts with your Gmail account, then you can easily recover your contacts from your Gmail account.

You can do a little search on Google, and you will get the steps from various post available online.

Helpful?