Need help please

• Replies:5
Paula Andrews
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 3, 2018, 1:59:18 PM via Website

I've tried to sell my s7 as I've upgraded the shop has told me they can't buy as my screen has something wrong with it to do with pixels I think they said "burn ........" not too sure can someone help me out on this my handset was like brand new very well looked after - Tia

Paula Andrews
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 3, 2018, 2:01:01 PM via Website

Would like to add to post - it's apparently called burn in - is this serious and is it easily fixed - thanks

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Sep 3, 2018, 3:11:37 PM via Website

Burn in is serious and not easily fix, the only way to fix the screen is to replace it. Burn in is from one image be shown on the screen and the pixels get permanently damaged from it.

Helpful?
Sorin
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Sep 5, 2018, 3:43:35 AM via Website

Paula
Mark is right you need to replace the screen.
But don't write that phone off yet!

A friend told me that he replaces bad screens often. And he made it sound easy.
He would go to the local electronics store purchase a new screen, and replace it himself.
You might want to check into cost before you get rid of that s7.
You might be able to repair and sell it. And still get some money back!
Lindsay

Helpful?
Sorin
Waqar Ghafoor
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 7, 2018, 4:32:03 PM via Website

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience,

There are several apps available on Google Play Store, that actually can help you resolve this Screen Burn-in issue. I also had same issue with my old device (Moto E Series). There was some screen burn-in problem along with a small dead pixel. I used this App and within a week my issue was resolved.

All you need to do is go to Play Store > Search "Dead Pixel Detect and Fix" > Download the App > Run the app for few hours / days

this will surely help you to get this issue resolved.

— modified on Sep 7, 2018, 4:33:10 PM

Helpful?
Sorin
alice434
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 4, 2019, 10:38:42 AM via Website

same problem I have faced too.

Helpful?