Trending topics

• Replies:4
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jul 10, 2018, 11:25:17 PM via Website

Hey all
Just got a galaxy s7. Trying to customiize settings.
I have trending topics showing up on Google's home page. I want to shut them off!
The internet tells me to activate chrome then go to Google now and I can shut them off in there. Problem is I don't want to activate chrome! It drains your battery faster than the trending topics.
Is their another way to shut off those
annoying trending topics?
Lindsay

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Jul 11, 2018, 1:03:45 AM via Website

When your on google home page, go to settings, go autocomplete, turn off trending notifications.

I find I get much more useful help on how to do something on android from YouTube than googling it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_vcmxhvJyg

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jul 11, 2018, 3:40:24 AM via Website

Mark
Thanks! But...
Turning off the autocomplete was the first thing i tried.
Didn't work.
The trending topics are coming from Google now, and that's inside Google chrome. I think chrome is somehow protecting it!
I even disabled chrome, that didn't work either!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Jul 11, 2018, 3:56:50 AM via Website

Disabling Chrome would have been my next suggestion, you already did that. I just about disable everything I can that is Google oriented except the play store. I do not get the issue you have, my wife has the same phone.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jul 11, 2018, 11:48:21 AM via Website

Mark
I will try disabling play store! That was next on my list!
But just a heads up!
Google is just now rolling out these trending topics. And they only show up when you go to your apps and tap on the Google icon there! Could be they haven't sent this update to your wife's phone yet!

— modified on Jul 11, 2018, 11:54:44 AM

Helpful?