whatsapp backup android->ios->android

• Replies:6
  • Answered
Fabian
  • Forum posts: 2

May 29, 2018, 9:29:01 AM via Website

My Nexus 5x recently gave up and is currently in repair. I'm using an iphone 5s now in the meantime and I was wondering what will happen if I log into whatsapp with the same phone number but without my google drive backup. Can I just use the backup normally when I get my android phone back or will the data be overwritten and lost?

Best answer
Rothman
  • Forum posts: 20

May 30, 2018, 5:21:55 AM via Website

Hi, Fabian.
When you use the same WhatsApp account on iPhone 5s, your google drive backup (your old whatsapp chat history) will not restore on iPhone 5s. And the chat history that created on the iPhone 5s will not get back to your Nexus 5x when you get it back. So you can use the backup normally when you get your android nexus back, the old data won't be overwritten or lost.
But as I mentioned above, the new chat messages on your iphone will not be synced to your android, so after the repair you use back the nexus, you will only lose the chat history on iphone. If you want the iphone whatsapp messages merged with that on the android, you have to use WhatsApp transfer tool.

— modified on Jun 26, 2018, 6:03:24 AM

Helpful?
zoeystFabian
Fabian
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 4, 2018, 9:15:44 PM via Website

great, everything I need to know. thank you!

Helpful?
Rothman
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 27, 2018, 4:21:35 AM via Website

With this method, you can send WhatsApp messages to your iPhone and view them on iPhone in the form of email, but you can't open it on WhatsApp.

Here is how:

Step 1. Directly find and open WhatsApp on Android, then go to "Setting > Chats Setting > Chat History > Email Chat".

Step 2. Select the conversation you wish to send to your iPhone, then a pop-up window will appear and ask you whether to transfer WhatsApp messages with media files or not. Choose one of the option and then go to the next step.

Step 3. Now, you'll be taken to a new page, here you need to type your email account and click the "Send" button.

Step 4. Login to your email account on iPhone, then you can see the WhatsApp messages in email directly.

More Detail:whatsapp backup android->ios->android

— modified on Jul 2, 2018, 11:42:44 AM

Helpful?
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jun 27, 2018, 4:28:24 AM via Website

If you don't like to view WhatsApp messages with email, then there is another way to help you sync Android WhatsApp messages to iPhone - using WhatsApp Backup. How is works? Generally speaking, you need to backup WhatsApp messages with WhatsApp Backup on Android phone, then restore the backups on iPhone.
Below is the detailed steps:
1. Go to "Setting > Chats > Chat backup > Back Up Now" to backup your Android WhatsApp messages.
2. Uninstall WhatsApp on Android, then turn to iPhone.
3. Run WhatsApp on iPhone and login to your WhatsApp account. When you see a message "Message Backup Found", don't hesitate to click "Restore" button to restore the backed up Android WhatsApp messages to iPhone.

Helpful?
Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 19, 2019, 4:37:16 AM via Website

The Nexus 5X WhatsApp history you have backed up with Google Drive won't be overwritten and lost.You can easily restore them from Google Drive when your Nexus 5X get repaired.

Helpful?
Fluffyone
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 18, 2019, 11:54:35 AM via Website

To do this you'll need to take your old handset and go to WhatsApp Settings, Chats, Chat Backup and then tap Backup Now. On your new handset, reinstall WhatsApp, confirm your phone number (which has to be the same as the one used on your old phone) and you will be prompted to restore your chat history.

Helpful?