VAT and taxes for application

• Replies:2
Silviu
  • Forum posts: 1

May 26, 2017, 12:57:01 AM via Website

Hello! I want to make sure I understand the taxation for the applications in case I put a price for them. From what I understand, Google Play will take a percentage of the price and they will take care of the taxes associated with that amount. The rest, which is what I gain, is taxable based on the country where I sell the app from. Is this correct? Now, do I need to pay taxes based on the country where I have the bank account I use and from which I release the app, or the country where I am a citizen? Also is there a way to pay the taxes online (make the tax money go directly to whoever they should go, when someone buys the app), or do I need to declare the amount I obtained at the end of the year and pay taxes on that (or something like that)? I am completely new to this so any advice is more than welcome. Thank you!

Promo
  • Forum posts: 18

May 29, 2017, 5:27:29 AM via Website

You really need to understand you tax code. First check if you need to pay taxes for your app. If you have another job that provide imageyou most income, your app might be a hobby and it is not taxable.

Torros
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 8, 2019, 3:56:35 PM via Website

Hello! I want to make sure I understand the taxation for the applications in case I put a price for them. From what I understand, Google Play will take a percentage of the price and they will take care of the taxes associated with that amount. Bookkeeping services for small business [here][1] site Your Books On Time. The rest, which is what I gain, is taxable based on the country where I sell the app from. Is this correct? Now, do I need to pay taxes based on the country where I have the bank account I use and from which I release the app, or the country where I am a citizen? Also is there a way to pay the taxes online (make the tax money go directly to whoever they should go, when someone buys the app), or do I need to declare the amount I obtained at the end of the year and pay taxes on that (or something like that)? I am completely new to this so any advice is more than welcome. Thank you!

resolved the issue???