Whatsapp Video call malfunctioning

• Replies:4
R Rex
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 30, 2017, 8:16:25 AM via Website

My whatsapp video call functions normally except in the case of one specific person. When I try a video call with this person, he receives it as an incoming voice call and only voice call takes place. Similarly that person has normal video calls with everyone else, but with my number when he attempts a video call, I receive it as an incoming voice call only. How do I solve this problem?

motorola service
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 30, 2017, 10:51:32 AM via Website

Hi Rex,

There are many reasons for this issue to come up. The very first reason can be the unavailability of the new video calling feature in the region of your specific person. You have to install latest WhatsApp using an APK file.

The 2nd reason adding to this issue can be that your friend is either using a phone that doesn’t support video/voice calling or that simply doesn’t have a front camera on it.

If the problem is coming up because of the 2nd reason, then your friend has to get a compatible phone.

The 3rd reason can be that your friend is not using the latest version of WhatsApp with this feature enabled.
If the issue is coming up because of the third reason, then your friend has to install the latest version of WhatsApp with video calling added in it.

Still you have problem means, Just touch with Admin Edit: Sharing Personal Details are not allowed if required use private message function this number. We will give a solution for Motorola Service Center in Chennai

— modified on Jan 30, 2017, 11:17:46 AM by moderator

R Rex
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 31, 2017, 5:39:18 AM via Website

Both the phones have the latest version of whatsapp. Both have front camera. Both are successfully able to make video calls to others. The only problem is communicating with each other. (My video call to this number is seen by him as a voice call. Similarly his video call to my number appears as a voice call to me. This problem is not there for any other number for either of us.)

Richie
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 31, 2017, 8:17:40 AM via Website

Ohh its difficult to find out. In this case you send a mail to support@whatsapp.com from your number and your friends. They may help you out.

Jordan Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 27, 2017, 8:17:43 PM via Website

Hey

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the exact same problem.