Rescue data from Micro SD card

• Replies:5
Armin Roosen
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 30, 2016, 5:46:41 AM via Website

Hey guys,

this is Armin and I recently travelled up the west coast of Australia, taking lots of pictures with my Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen(Marshmallow). I have a 32 GB SanDisk micro sd card where I saved all the pictures of my trip on. I used it as an internal storage, which makes it only readable by my phone. Out of nothing, my phone broke, which means all my data on my card seems lost. The motorola support couldn't help me and advised me to reset the phone and/or the card. In both cases, I have no chance to access the data via my phone anymore. Does maybe anyone of u know, whether there is another opportunity to safe the data? I would be really thankful for any advice, since its about 17 GBs of travel memories which might be lost now. :/

Thank you very much guys.

damponting44

Armin Roosen

Jul 1, 2016, 6:11:51 AM via Website

Does this work out even if the sd card was used as an internal storage? In this case, it is meant to be readable by any other device. :/

wqqwab
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 4, 2016, 11:16:20 AM via Website

A data recovery app could recover lost data from micro sd card.

damponting44

Armin Roosen

Jul 6, 2016, 10:01:42 AM via Website

Yes but thats not the issue. The data is still there. The problem is more about that no other device than my phone is supposed to even recognize the card.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 6, 2016, 6:56:00 PM via Website

Armin Roosen

Yes but thats not the issue. The data is still there. The problem is more about that no other device than my phone is supposed to even recognize the card.

Put the Sandisk microSD card into an adapter, insert to your computer, and you should be able to read/write the microSD card.

Those microSD cards from Lexar or Samsung normally comes with an adapter. Not sure about SanDisk.

For example, this Samsung microSD card comes with an adapter
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-128GB-Adapter-MB-MP128DA-AM/dp/B00P3NMVVU/

damponting44

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 10, 2016, 6:59:33 AM via Website

An information recuperation application could recoup lost information from smaller scale sd card.