Cant add more then one phone number

• Replies:6
Segal Doron
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM via Website

I seem to messed up something,and in my address book I cant add more then one single phone number! I think I had ability to add to contact various information like home phone,mobile phone,home address,email etc etc Can anyone help me and tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 12, 2016, 3:44:33 AM via Website

Segal Doron

I seem to messed up something,and in my address book I cant add more then one single phone number! I think I had ability to add to contact various information like home phone,mobile phone,home address,email etc etc Can anyone help me and tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

You need to give the specifics for the community to help ie. what is the error message or what is preventing you from adding a phone number..

Segal Doron

Jun 12, 2016, 6:27:02 AM via Website

That's the problem.There is no error.

There's just no way to add more details in contact except a single phone number.
Usually you get a little plus Icon that you press then you can chose which detail to add.
I don't have that,and when I press edit,all I can do is edit the single phone number I entered or the name of the contact.
My only idea was maybe its acting this way because,storage is pointing at the SIM card,So I tried to change to the SD card as storage,which didn't change nothing.
This is a brand new Huawi that I bought,last month.
There's no reason Such strong and expansive phone will not have ability or memory space to not allow me to add more details to the various contacts.
I have also a low cost Chinese phone that have those options.
I think the problem started when the device was first configured.It asked me if I want to import my contacts,and I said yes it just imported ton of contacts I had in Facebook,with email addresses etc,before I did that I think I had an option to add normally stuff.
Only way I can do that now I think is to reset the device,which I would prefer not doing unless someone help and tell me where in options you enable contact editing.

Thanks.

P.S. I have just checked and actually in the existing contacts that it imported,there's all the options I wanted,but when I create a new contact,it don't give me those plus signs to add more details!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 12, 2016, 3:08:25 PM via Website

Hello Segal,

you must save your contacts either on phone or on Google account.

Regards

Jeff

Deactivated Account

Benjen Cour
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 12, 2016, 4:01:13 PM via Website

I prefer to save my all contacts onto my phone. And whenever I need I can get them all.

Segal Doron

Jun 12, 2016, 4:49:37 PM via Website

not sure what that means,but I was able to solve the problem myself.
I first did a hard or factory reset,I wiped everything off!
it didnt work lol..
All it did was remove the apps I installed.It left my account and contacts untouched.
Then I continued my search I stumble on a suggustion that actually did the trick:
Ive installed an App that removes all your contacts.
When they were all removed,the bug was fixed!
I can now create my contacts normally again and add all the details I wanted.
So problem solved,and hope maybe this help someone else who stumble on the same problem as I did :)

toodle-oo

Benjen Cour
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 13, 2016, 3:26:14 AM via Website

It's really good news that you solved your problem yourself. Actually self help is the best help. Carry on!