Transfer Laptop pics to phone

• Replies:8
WickedSweetDreamz
  • Forum posts: 45

May 11, 2016, 4:55:44 PM via Website

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the motherboard fried recently and I had it replaced. But because of that I lost a lot of pictures and I have them backed up to my laptop, some on Drop box, and some on Onedrive (laptop is an Asus notebook with Windows 10). Most of them are in the laptop itself though and I would like to know how to transfer them back into either Google photos or the phones regular Gallery. (not auto backup)

zxcv qwer
  • Forum posts: 19

May 13, 2016, 10:56:36 AM via Website

To transfer pictures between laptop and phone, a phone transfer app could help.

WickedSweetDreamz

WickedSweetDreamz

May 13, 2016, 3:12:41 PM via Website

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

— modified on May 13, 2016, 3:12:58 PM

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 22, 2016, 8:42:39 PM via Website

Vicky C.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the motherboard fried recently and I had it replaced. But because of that I lost a lot of pictures and I have them backed up to my laptop, some on Drop box, and some on Onedrive (laptop is an Asus notebook with Windows 10). Most of them are in the laptop itself though and I would like to know how to transfer them back into either Google photos or the phones regular Gallery. (not auto backup)

Simple transfer of photos from laptop to phone, without installing additional apps/software:

1. Connect laptop to phone using a USB cable
  2. Create a folder on the phone
  3. Copy photos from laptop to phone

TinaWickedSweetDreamz

WickedSweetDreamz

May 28, 2016, 8:49:30 PM via Website

Thanks for the suggestion Loie.The only thing is that I don't use android device manager because I have another app that protects my phone if it is lost or stolen that I have been paying an extra $3.00 US on my phone carrier plan for a while now. I realize that I should probably just use android device manager instead because it's free, but I have yet to make the switch.

— modified on May 28, 2016, 8:50:23 PM

WickedSweetDreamz

May 28, 2016, 8:52:30 PM via Website

I also appreciate your suggestion Pentel, but I'm not sure what app to use to create the file. I have ES file explorer pro and I am thinking that maybe I should use that if I go this route.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 28, 2016, 11:29:39 PM via Website

Vicky C.

I also appreciate your suggestion Pentel, but I'm not sure what app to use to create the file. I have ES file explorer pro and I am thinking that maybe I should use that if I go this route.

You don't need an app to create the folder (file as you say it). Once you connect the phone to laptop via the USB cable, Windows Explorer will pop up on your laptop. You will see the "contents" of your phone from Windows Explorer. Using your laptop, create a folder on the phone, as how you would create a folder on Windows. Once you have that folder created, double click on that folder and copy your photos to that folder. All this is done from your laptop, you don't need any app on the phone. Once completed, unplug the phone from laptop, you can view the photos on your phone through Gallery or ES File Explorer.

Again, here are the instructions to transfer of photos from laptop to phone, without installing additional apps/software:

1. Connect laptop to phone using a USB cable
  2. Windows will pop up a folder on the laptop showing the storage on the phone
  3. Create a folder on the phone using Windows Explorer from the laptop
  4. Copy photos from laptop to phone using Windows Explorer

WickedSweetDreamz

WickedSweetDreamz

Jun 1, 2016, 2:44:38 PM via Website

Again, I appreciate that you took the time out to respond to my post Pentel. The only thing is that I have connected my phone to my laptop before and Windows Explorer does not automatically pop up. But I managed to figure out how to get to it,create the folder, and transfer the photos to my phone.

WickedSweetDreamz

Jun 1, 2016, 2:44:40 PM via Website

Again, I appreciate that you took the time out to respond to my post Pentel. The only thing is that I have connected my phone to my laptop before and Windows Explorer does not automatically pop up. But I managed to figure out how to get to it,create the folder, and transfer the photos to my phone.