Galaxy Note 10 Terinally Ill

• Replies:4
mike roddis
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 16, 2016, 11:10:04 PM via Website

I have read various answers to problems with Galaxy note 10's, usually finishing with a soft or hard reset. However I have done both to my wife's machine and the problems still exist.

After powering up, I get a box saying 'Unfortunately ALG has stopped working'. Sometimes the message is for Voice memos, or screen swipe.

Needless to say, the machine then doesn't work properly, and on some occasions turns itself off and reboots, but still with problems.

So, given that the official factory resets haven't fixed the problem, even the one from within settings, does anyone have any idea what I can do other than consign it to the great tablet storage depot on high?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jan 17, 2016, 2:56:35 AM via Website

This is a software bug so Reflash your firmware via ODIN.
Download the latest firmware and flash it with ODIN . Then go to recovery and clear cache / data to remove any conflict with previous version . This will fix the issue.

— modified on Jan 17, 2016, 2:57:02 AM

Ready To Help You.

mike roddis

Jan 17, 2016, 10:51:45 AM via Website

Thats great Sanjai, glad to hear theres a possible solution.

Forgive my ignorance - how do I do the ODIN that you mentioned?

Mike

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jan 17, 2016, 4:45:04 PM via Website

mike roddis

Thats great Sanjai, glad to hear theres a possible solution.

Forgive my ignorance - how do I do the ODIN that you mentioned?

Mike

The procedure is very long but easy. you can Google but if you need a good method try this . http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/499009-guide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

The method is same for every phone.
you can download the firmware from www.Sammobile.com

Ready To Help You.

mike roddis

Jan 18, 2016, 4:13:20 PM via Website

Sanjai, you're a star! I downloaded a newer version of the OS, and Odin, ran it as explained, and it works!

Not only does this seem to have fixed the problem, but my wife also now has a more up to date machine to play with.

So, many thanks indeed.

Mike.