Upgrade to 5.0.2

• Replies:0
Dave O'Leary
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 13, 2015, 11:17:19 AM via Website

I have recently upgraded my Samsung Core Prime to 5.0.2 Lollipop and since the upgrade I have lost the screen brightness facility, the bar moves but nothing happens to the screen. I have also lost email notification, when he mail arrives no bell or message on locked screen appears anymore. The only way I know I have received and email is by switching on the phone periodically. Both these facilities worked fine before the upgrade.

I took the phone back to the store where I purchased it and they simply could not help. It was obvious that the person I was dealing had about as much knowledge of the upgrade and a possible solution as I did. All I was offered was they they could send the phone away for repair and this could take up to three weeks (obviously pass the buck) or live with the problems and wait and hope that an update will follow to correct the problems.

I'm not impressed, all the upgrade appeared to do for me anyway was to change the way everything looked on the phone and lose me the facility to brighten or darken the screen and to receive email notifications