S4 Lollipop Wifi Issues...please help.

• Replies:0
Nick M
  • Forum posts: 1

May 31, 2015, 8:19:25 AM via Website

I'm having a similar problem as this user:
https://www.nextpit.com/forum/641340/samsung-galaxy-s5-wifi-wont-turn-on-after-lollipop-update
except my problem is on an S4. All of a sudden, after installing Lollipop recently, my Wifi and Bluetooth quit working. It wasn't immediate, probably two to three weeks after the install. I've tried multiple settings resets, clearing the system cache, removing the battery while the phone is both on and off, and removing the sim card. I'd really like not to have to do a factory reset...if at all possible. Still, the wifi just won't turn on. I'll touch the icon and it'll turn grayed out green, like it's attempting to turn on, and then just go gray again. Similarly, if I turn it on in the settings menu, the switch will just go back to the off position after a few seconds.
I'm very frustrated. I didn't even notice the problem for I think a day or so, and it's been eating through my data plan. I'm going on vacation in a few days so I'd really like to have it fixed by then.
Absolutely love my Galaxy. Everything about it was perfect until Lollipop. Some changes I didn't mind, some were just downright annoying, but this one is just too much. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Update: 3 factory resets later and the problem has not resolved. At this point I have no idea what to do.

— modified on Jun 1, 2015, 2:12:22 AM