KATHE BENNETT
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 31, 2015, 10:05:27 AM via Website

MY PHONE IS ONLY 1 MONTH OLD AND IT WILL NOT CHARGE. IT IS A SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

Guy Rosenberg
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 31, 2015, 11:32:54 AM via Website

have you tried with some chargers?
if yes. try to pull the battery out and in again.
if still not charging, you can take it to a samsung store and ask for a fix/ replacement.

KATHE BENNETT
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 31, 2015, 2:41:05 PM via Website

Where is a Samsung store

Guy Rosenberg
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 31, 2015, 4:49:22 PM via Website

the samsung store near you..
if no samsung stores in your country then go to where you bought your phone from

Mark G.
  • Forum posts: 29

Feb 2, 2015, 2:27:22 PM via Website

Where did you purchase the phone?
Is it new?
When you plug in the charger does the phone screen show anything?
Are you using the Samsung charger?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Feb 3, 2015, 4:50:50 PM via Website

Is there any warranty or guarantee? Take it onto the customer care they will solve your problem.

Samantha Hudson
  • Forum posts: 17

Feb 5, 2015, 8:59:29 AM via Website

Any samsung store near you would probably solve your problem.
If you don't know how to find it, go to the place from where you bought it.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Feb 5, 2015, 10:45:48 AM via Website

Samantha Hudson

Any samsung store near you would probably solve your problem.
If you don't know how to find it, go to the place from where you bought it.

Good idea! This will be helpful to solve his charger problem.

Samantha Hudson

David Furniss
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2015, 8:09:19 AM via Website

A friend of mine had the same problem. After a coupe of tries, I found a good solution.

If you haven't solved this problem yet, and even if you have, do yourself a very big favor - go to (This post has been edited to remove external link, please review community guidelines to understand what's acceptable over here) and buy the following charger and cable (I suppose you can find adequate parts elsewhere, but Monoprice is a real company that grantees their products and their prices are quite good):

Charger id #: 10273 @ $ 5.73

USB Cable id #: 5456 @ $ 1.02 (18 inch length) or id #: 5457 @ $ 1.23 (3 feet length)

(If you have multiple things to charge, consider the dual output charger instead, but be sure at least one of the outputs is 2.1 amp and use the 2.1 amp output for your problem phone. Incidentally, after your phone gets charged well once, it may charge correctly from chargers and cables that didn't work well before. There is some hardware/software-related thing in a few android phones that is very sensitive to the voltage applied to charge the phone and that voltage depends on the voltage-drop in the cable.)

The charger puts out 2.1 amps; it will charge any android phone, tablet, etc. (and Apple stuff, but you'd need an Apple-compatible cable).
The cable has 24 gauge wire for power (meaning the wire is thicker and therefore able to deliver more power than most cables); it will charge many phones that are very difficult to charge (three of my phones and three of my tablets fit in this category).

Both the charger and the cables are guaranteed by Monoprice, so if they don't work (seems very unlikely) or fail, Monoprice will replace them. There are limits to the Monoprice guarantee, so if there's a problem contact them right away.

For ~ $10 or so (with shipping) you'll have a high quality charger and cable. A very good investment. It took me a couple years and several cheap failed chargers and cables to realize cable size really matters (and I'm an electrical engineer, duh) and buying from a real company saves $$ and lots of aggravation in the long run. (By the way, if you do this and the charging indicator on your phone displays a red X or other symbol, just let it do it's thing; my phones charge soooo much faster.)

Good luck!

— modified on Feb 12, 2015, 4:13:31 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 105

Jul 27, 2017, 1:36:37 PM via App

Guy Rosenberg

have you tried with some chargers?
if yes. try to pull the battery out and in again.
if still not charging, you can take it to a samsung store and ask for a fix/ replacement.

I know how you could hard reset your S3!

First, power down your Samsung Galaxy S3
Once the S3 vibrates, push all of the buttons to another window
It may be an bootloader named Samsung Galaxy S3 bootloader