What smartphone feature do you most want so see improved in 2015?

• Replies:11
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jan 20, 2015, 9:59:09 AM via Website

What smartphone feature do you most want so see improved in 2015?

Battery life? Display resolution? Number of screens? Amount of RAM?

I'm really interested to know because I have a theory that smartphone manufacturers are giving us exactly what we don't want from new devices. But we'll see. :D

— modified on Jan 20, 2015, 2:26:28 PM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 20, 2015, 2:27:51 PM via Website

It's a no brainer: battery life, battery life, battery life.

In all seriousness, how many cores and how much RAM do we really need? I'd happily stick with a Nexus 5 that lasted for four days over an octa-core, 64-bit monster with 4 GB of RAM and three and a half hours of screen-on time.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Cla08Karen L.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jan 20, 2015, 2:29:40 PM via Website

I'm so used to having my phone on charge every day now

Karen L.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 20, 2015, 3:06:59 PM via Website

Well, in that case sorry @scott but I have to agree with @Kris I wan't Battery Life, Battery Life, and Battery Life ;)

PS: It looks like there's some battery competition going on !(laughing)

Karen L.

Goran H
  • Forum posts: 18

Jan 20, 2015, 11:13:42 PM via Website

Better battery capacity would be nice and extended screen surface.

Alistair Henning
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 23, 2015, 7:00:00 PM via Website

Battery life is important, but I think a key differentiator for many consumers is now the smartphone's camera. We have seen incremental improvements for the last 2-3 years other than the Nokia 1020; the manufacturer that makes a giant leap forward without significantly altering existing form factors will do very well.

Loony
  • Forum posts: 150

Jan 24, 2015, 8:44:31 AM via App

I would like a better camera. Can't complain about battery life. The OPO is a beast.
And I would like to see more phones with front facing stereo speakers. I hate the bottom, down facing ones. Especially while watching videos

DJantel
  • Forum posts: 56

Jan 25, 2015, 5:41:32 PM via Website

Yeah, obviously a longer battery life is something almost every smartphone user dreams about. For me this means the amount of time I can use it every day but also the amount of time until the thing dies away - approximately after 2 years. Smartphones have reached a level where it is not absolutely necessary to switch phones too often to be able to use the newest apps without lag.

Cla08
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 27, 2015, 4:03:11 PM via Website

I have to agree with @Kris, the battery life for the smartphones is essential, would a dream have a smartphone which can be used for a lot of time, about a week using always internet ;)

David Arnold

Mar 13, 2015, 3:00:41 AM via Website

BATTERY LIFE!!!

David D.
  • Forum posts: 77

Apr 24, 2015, 3:57:16 PM via App

Gimme a 4K panel and a 10,000 mAh battery and I'm all set!

AZE

May 15, 2015, 6:06:43 PM via Website

You know, for a device that we generally use to communicate with using our ears, and in view of the fact that I am part of the aging sector of the population, it amazes me that no-one talks about the ability to actually HEAR this device. Why am I not seeing reviews about the audibility of various phones. My Galaxy S4 is adequate, my husbands older phone is barely audible, not at all in a noisy environment. I don't want to have to get a hearing aid just to hear my phone. Please figure out how to increase the volume with a user-friendly section of the settings, or better yet a button on the main screen. I can up the brightness very easily in the settings, why not the volume!