Galaxy S5- Custom OS- Can I still install Software Updates?

• Replies:6
Austin K.
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 28, 2014, 5:45:27 PM via App

I have had root before on my Sprint Galaxy S5 using Android Central's Root Guide. I have unrooted my device and Roit Checker says "no root access". I went to check for software updates and a pop up said unable to check for updates cause a Custom OS has been used, Use Samsung Kies. What do I do? Can some one please, post a "How To" for installing Samsung Kies and what else might help. I am trying to get a picture of the pop up to show. Thanks, it would be a big help!

Austin K.

Nov 29, 2014, 3:18:33 PM via App

I used Superuser to Uninstall the root I clicked permeate unroot

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Nov 29, 2014, 3:42:08 PM via Website

Did you use any apps or services that could change system properties before? Some root apps delete or modify stock settings or files to work, so you may need to flash the original firmware. Simply unrooting only removes user SU access, but won't revert any changes made while rooted.

Sinkster

Austin K.

Nov 29, 2014, 3:44:56 PM via App

no only superuser is there anyway to fully remove root from my gs5? If i flash stock rom will it reset My Knox?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Nov 29, 2014, 7:25:38 PM via Website

Austin K.

no only superuser is there anyway to fully remove root from my gs5? If i flash stock rom will it reset My Knox?

can you post a screen shot of Download mode ?

flashing a official stock rom will not void the KNox, but if your Knox counter is already void, you will not be able to flash a Knox enabled firmware

Ready To Help You.

Austin K.

Nov 29, 2014, 7:50:18 PM via App

ill try to post one thanks