Hard reset problems

• Replies:2
Mick Fraser
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 10, 2014, 3:08:09 PM via Website

My son carried out an update yesterday and now he's getting nothing but a faint glow on the screen. I've tried doing a hard reset holding down the On, V-, and home buttons. I get the Samsung screen, followed by the android screen then the android lying on its side comes up but then nothing, the screen just reverts to the faint glow.
I'm not savvy with this sort of thing so just need to know if its completely dead or is it fixable.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 11, 2014, 8:14:23 AM via Website

Well, @Mick I am afraid but this gives me a feel that you may require to flash the stock ROM again over to your device :( to begin with make sure that you have installed all the the device drivers and

Perquisites(Downloaded over to your PC/Laptop):

1.Get the appropriate version of stock ROM, according to you region from "sammobile.com/firmwares" section.
2.Get the Latest version of Odin

Installation Process:

1.Switch off your Tablet and boot Galaxy Tab into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys together until you get the warning message, now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.

2.Extract the downloaded Odin zip file and run the Odin.exe file as an administrator.

3.Connect your Galaxy Tab to your computer via USB cable.

4.In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. It means that Odin has detected your device and you are going great!

5.Make sure that, the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.

6.Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file (the one you downloaded at the very first step of Perquisites), you’ll find a firmware file with extension.tar.md5

7.In Odin screen, click on PDA button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.

8.Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.

1. If everything goes in a correct manner then, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background ! :D

10.Your Tablet should automatically reboot after completion and you can disconnect the tab from PC.

See if this can help you out ! :)

— modified on Nov 11, 2014, 8:15:10 AM

Ram Singh
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 11, 2014, 11:41:40 AM via Website

Hi Mick,

This is really odd that normal sequence of buttons is not working.

To be clear, firstly, u need to press Volume Up buttons & Home buttons at same time & THEN press Power buttons. Then hold down all three until phone turns on. Any Confusion Watch Youtube....

Thanks