Google Nexus 6 — Nexus 6 feature list - what else should it have got?

• Replies:2
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 21, 2014, 1:03:28 PM via Website

So the Nexus 6 is water-resistant. But not waterproof.

It didn't get the finger scanner that was rumored but water-resistancy is more useful anyway.

The Nexus 6 also got a QHD display, and it's an AMOLED. Sadly, no language core though for true Moto X control though.

The Nexus 6 gets an ambient mode like the Moto X though, so the display will light up when you pick it up or when you reach for it.

OIS on a Nexus sounds good to me, but I'm still worried about the Moto X camera, even if it's a newer version.

It missed out on a 64-bit chip...so what does this mean for the full potential of Android 5.0 Lollipop on the device?

What other hits and misses do you see on the Nexus 6?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Aristarchos Christofi
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 27, 2014, 10:40:20 AM via Website

i think the 64 bit processor is the reason it really not worth taking the nexus 6

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Oct 30, 2014, 12:34:56 PM via Website

Aristarchos Christofi

i think the 64 bit processor is the reason it really not worth taking the nexus 6

I think so too. I think 64-bit processing is the reason you should wait until next year for a phone upgrade. It's going to make a huge difference to devices.