Google Chromecast — How to fix Chromecast problems: can't get apps to connect to Chromecast in my TV

• Replies:2
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 17, 2014, 12:52:39 PM via Website

Hey everyone!

Are you having issues casting apps to your TV when using Chromecast? You might want to check you have a few of these points done, you might be missing one of these simple steps. Before you cast to your TV, check that:

• you are connected to Wi-Fi, and not to mobile internet.
  • The Cromecast, and your smartphone, tablet or computer are using the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Ensure that the app has been updated to its latest version. The most recent update might have brought Chromecast support, while previous versions may still not have it. Go to the Google Play Store (or Apple App Store if you have an iPhone or iPad), and check for updates. Update the app if need be.

If you have checked all of these steps, then the issue could be coming from the individual apps and something you aren't doing right. Check the app's Q&A or help section if you need guidance, or email the developer directly if there is a bug.

I hope that has helped you! :)

Google Chromecast tips and tricks
What is Chromecast? Google’s brilliant streaming device explained
The best Android apps for Chromecast

Elvis Gomes
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 6, 2020, 5:31:58 AM via Website

Chromecasts are an excellent addition to any home entertainment system. They allow you to stream content from Netflix, Hulu, or even just duplicate your Android smartphone. Its not difficult to setup chromecast. You can review this article, if you are facing any issue during setting up of chromecast.

A list of ways to fix your Chromecast when it stops working. You’ll be back to streaming in no time.

Restart your Chromecast device
Check your Wi-Fi
Reboot your computer or smartphone
Update your Chrome browser
Perform a factory reset on your Chromecast
Chromecast blacking out or turning off

— modified on Apr 20, 2020, 9:47:50 AM

Rokey Sen
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 28, 2022, 6:28:29 AM via Website

If someone told about informative posts blog then I will recommend this one[,][1] really it's amazing post thank you for sharing with us keep sharing also check out our posts for captionme.net have a good day