Hi all!

• Replies:9
DbFunApps
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 28, 2014, 2:57:47 PM via Website

Hi,
I'm Daniele, I'm Italian and I'm 31.

I have been working in an IT Company from years (banking area). A couple of months ago, bored to work olways on the same things, I started having a look at the Android world, that I already knew as a user, also from a programming pov.

My developer name is: dbfunapps , and in case you are curious you can find the result of my self study period on play store, searching for that nickname.
I know, I still have work to do to improve my apps quality...but ehy, doing something that complex like making a game during the short free time we have is not so easy, right?

I see there are a lot of tricky aspects to be taken in consideration while developing for the mobile sector, it's really a tough work to do something that works for every devide and every resolutions (angry)

anyway, I'm getting boring...
hi again to all and have a nice day
bye
Daniele

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 29, 2014, 5:51:16 AM via Website

DbFunApps

Hi,
I'm Daniele, I'm Italian and I'm 31.

I have been working in an IT Company from years (banking area). A couple of months ago, bored to work olways on the same things, I started having a look at the Android world, that I already knew as a user, also from a programming pov.

My developer name is: dbfunapps , and in case you are curious you can find the result of my self study period on play store, searching for that nickname.
I know, I still have work to do to improve my apps quality...but ehy, doing something that complex like making a game during the short free time we have is not so easy, right?

I see there are a lot of tricky aspects to be taken in consideration while developing for the mobile sector, it's really a tough work to do something that works for every devide and every resolutions (angry)

anyway, I'm getting boring...
hi again to all and have a nice day
bye
Daniele

HI there, welcome to Androidpit.
So how is android game development ?

Ready To Help You.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 29, 2014, 7:03:01 AM via Website

Hey Daniele,

Welcome to AndroidPit forum ! I am glad to see banker boarded over the AndroidPIT community (hug) I remembered we have one more banker over the forum ....(thinking). Anyway so you are a developer and as your name sound you must be developing gaming applications, I guess our Let me show you my application section is made just for you ! :D And yes don't forget to have a look over the guidelines available over there ! (lightbulb)

See you around ! :)

ParkingArcade

DbFunApps

Aug 29, 2014, 9:01:34 AM via Website

Well, english is not my native language, but "banker" sounds so big...
I'm just a mythological figure between a software analyst and a team leader , working on banking clients. :)

Yes I already posted something in you "let me know your app" section, actually I've just produced 2 games and a widget....you know,
there is work, there is free time spent for android programming, and then there is life :D

so the time is short...but I'm doing my best :)

thanks,
see you

DbFunApps

Aug 29, 2014, 9:29:26 AM via Website

Hi,
well, in two words I define it as tricky and tough.

There are so many variables to be taken in consideration in order to have an app that behaves the same way,
multiple devices, resolutions, px density, android versions....
also because I'm not using any graphical engine right now, just java code and xml, xml...xml.... :)

In my last game I went crazy in order to show the settings page with the same proportions in the different devices....It worked fine for quite all the resolutions, then I tried it in a galaxy s4 phone and the aspect was unwatchable :O (if this word exists :) )

anyway, now I really have to go...
see you
bye :)

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 1, 2014, 4:30:53 PM via Website

Hi Daniele, welcome to the AndroidPIT forum! While we're happy to have you here, did you know we also have an Italian website? AndroidPIT.it if you want to check it out! But by all means, stick with us here on the English language site: we're much cooler (just don't tell Daria or Sasha)

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Sep 16, 2014, 3:48:31 PM via Website

Woahhhh little late here sorry Daniele!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here! :D

DbFunApps

Sep 21, 2014, 7:02:17 PM via App

hi, yes thanks I know also the Italian site...and I even posted there a thread written in english thinking that I was here!:)...poor me ;)...anyway, thanks for the welcome message, see you around! :)

ParkingArcade
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 22, 2014, 5:29:20 PM via Website

Hi Daniele,

I've downloaded your app Cake Defender. It's nice for a first try.
Keep up the good work!

DbFunApps

Sep 23, 2014, 4:05:30 PM via Website

Hi,
thank you for your feedback!

The idea was to collect some feedbacks and then making improvements to the game play complexity, since it is still minimal.
But to be honest I had very few downloads and, before yours, no feedback...so I started getting miserable :'(

The free time is very short and without any results it became depressing spending hours and hours on this activity.
You have just given me fresh strenght (cool)

thanks
bye
Daniele