5 Tips to promote Apps and Games for free

• Replies:267
  • ClosedStickied
Karthick Chandrasekaran
  • Forum posts: 55

Jul 29, 2014, 10:46:57 PM via Website

Here are the 5 tips:

1. Blogging on Sites: Be generic and precise, but don't forget to add your link in that blog, ask your friends to reply to that blog eventually it may reach many.

2. Social Networking: This is very easy and the most influencing way to market. Post your Games, Apps and even blogs (promotional materials) you have created and Videos if any, about your game. But be cautioned do not spam in social media else you may get blocked.

3. Forum Posting: One of the organic and traditional marketing is forum posting. Post your promotional materials in forums and discussions. Again do not spam in the forum as it may irritate the users and may lead to negative review.

4. Video Marketing: Create a video about your App or Game and make a Youtube channel. Promoting this video creates a vision within users and may last long within them.

5. Review Sites: It is also important for others to review your game. The review sites will be best suiting for reviewing your game, there are both free and paid reviews. Choose paid reviewing if you want the same.

There are nearly 500 websites which includes forum, paid and free review website which would be useful in marketing your Apps or Games.

Try these tips well and be careful by not overdoing stuff.

I am a marketing professional with over 6 years of experience should you have any clarifications please do let me know. If you want to know more about how your Games and Apps can be promoted please contact me.

Thank you.

— modified on Jul 30, 2014, 10:10:51 AM by moderator

Winston TorresMorkoramencoderDeactivated AccountSagar RathodHavenopen CuessoSorinmtmlawmatt539Ahmed ClimiMarc B.Vera H.marshalaliDeactivated AccountSlaveryGamesTopapps4uFile Expert - File ManagerFx DetailsAndroid Fancy AppsDeactivated AccountShiba Prasad J.DypsFirebird StudiozViktorDeactivated AccountJuvas CheevTis VeugenYoung Violaparks danielPrivacy Guardkeokafe01mostappzAlice Zhang

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 5, 2014, 1:28:55 PM via Website

ok, good points, thanks for sharing this.

Deactivated Account

Ignace Maes
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 10, 2014, 6:06:59 PM via Website

Thanks for the quick tips, do you have any suggestions which review sites I should contact?

Deactivated Account

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Aug 11, 2014, 8:45:40 PM via Website

Ignace Maes

Thanks for the quick tips, do you have any suggestions which review sites I should contact?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier there are about 500 websites like this website we are talking over, android police, androidTapp and many more. I have sent you a private message please have a look on that too. Thank you.

rahul sehgal
  • Forum posts: 15

Aug 18, 2014, 8:48:22 AM via Website

Thanks for the valuable info! Would love if you could share this info with me too. Thanks again...:D

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Aug 18, 2014, 7:40:09 PM via Website

rahul sehgal

Thanks for the valuable info! Would love if you could share this info with me too. Thanks again...:D

Thank you for your reply rahul. I have mailed you can you see it in your inbox. :) Thanks again

Satsuma
  • Forum posts: 96

Aug 19, 2014, 7:21:17 AM via Website

These points are valuable for the every one specially for beginners. and i am beginner. can you please send me private message as well. so that i can promote my apps. as i dont have enough money for paid promotion.

alex
  • Forum posts: 8

Aug 19, 2014, 8:05:30 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing.

Ben E

Aug 21, 2014, 3:02:19 PM via Website

Great thanks for this!!

Frangulyan
  • Forum posts: 18

Aug 24, 2014, 12:47:24 PM via Website

There is also a nice Google I/O video from 2012 on this topic

James S.
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 1, 2014, 7:23:04 AM via Website

Thank you for sharing the tips! I'd love to have a look at the list of review sites too, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Cedric Ricci
  • Forum posts: 9

Sep 3, 2014, 2:44:23 PM via Website

Hi ;)

I'm a new user on the forum, and an independant graphic & game designer !
I will be very interested to be able to have acces to a paid and free review website list.

Sincerly,
Cedric

Matias Honorato
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 3, 2014, 11:21:42 PM via Website

Karthick, Great post! I would love to have that list of review sites too, if you don't mind. Thanks!

sadhinsahadat
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 4, 2014, 2:17:25 AM via Website

Thank you for shear.

deborahjmossman
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 5, 2014, 7:06:57 AM via Website

Hi,

Great post I would love the list of review sites too:)

Thanks

Minh Tri Nguyen
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 5, 2014, 7:46:43 AM via Website

Thanks. that good for me

DL Games
  • Forum posts: 42

Sep 5, 2014, 8:55:16 AM via Website

Thank you so much for the tips, it's really hard to grow in the market our days. That's why some tips just like yours helps a lot !
Have a nice day

AppBatics
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 6, 2014, 6:58:03 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing!

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Sep 7, 2014, 12:35:27 AM via Website

Thank you all for your reviews. I do marketing for my client's app with my list of sites. Should you require a promotion for your apps and if you would like to partner please do send me a private message.

L C
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 10, 2014, 5:23:03 AM via Website

Thank you for the info. There are literally hundreds of review sites, but what makes them want to review my app instead of others? Any determining factors (besides the quality of the app) that will get an app a higher chance of being reviewed?

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Sep 13, 2014, 11:02:03 PM via Website

L C

Thank you for the info. There are literally hundreds of review sites, but what makes them want to review my app instead of others? Any determining factors (besides the quality of the app) that will get an app a higher chance of being reviewed?

The quality and the performance of the app make it to get reviewed as those are the main factors of an app.

keokafe01

Divergents
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 13, 2014, 11:12:46 PM via Website

Can I have the list of sites? Thanks! :)

keokafe01

Edwin Bos
  • Forum posts: 23

Sep 17, 2014, 8:31:28 AM via Website

Thanks for the tips!

It would be nice to have a little bit more specific tips (e.g. what sites are good, etc.).

keokafe01

Zay Mike

Sep 17, 2014, 9:16:42 AM via Website

Thank you for the info :)

keokafe01

ODDTGames

Sep 22, 2014, 12:55:13 AM via Website

Hi!

Great points :) Can you send more info? :) thanks Mod Edit: Do not post personal email address

— modified on Sep 27, 2014, 7:13:45 PM by moderator

keokafe01

Duong Lam

Sep 27, 2014, 7:00:36 PM via Website

Thank you a lot. I will try out some tips :-P

keokafe01

PLASTCODE
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 1, 2014, 8:35:51 AM via Website

Thank!

keokafe01

keokafe01
  • Forum posts: 32

Oct 3, 2014, 7:02:36 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Here are the 5 tips:

1. Blogging on Sites: Be generic and precise, but don't forget to add your link in that blog, ask your friends to reply to that blog eventually it may reach many.

2. Social Networking: This is very easy and the most influencing way to market. Post your Games, Apps and even blogs (promotional materials) you have created and Videos if any, about your game. But be cautioned do not spam in social media else you may get blocked.

3. Forum Posting: One of the organic and traditional marketing is forum posting. Post your promotional materials in forums and discussions. Again do not spam in the forum as it may irritate the users and may lead to negative review.

4. Video Marketing: Create a video about your App or Game and make a Youtube channel. Promoting this video creates a vision within users and may last long within them.

5. Review Sites: It is also important for others to review your game. The review sites will be best suiting for reviewing your game, there are both free and paid reviews. Choose paid reviewing if you want the same.

There are nearly 500 websites which includes forum, paid and free review website which would be useful in marketing your Apps or Games.

Try these tips well and be careful by not overdoing stuff.

I am a marketing professional with over 6 years of experience should you have any clarifications please do let me know. If you want to know more about how your Games and Apps can be promoted please contact me.

Thank you.

I am Binh. I come from Vietnam. I'm developing some of its applications. This is my application. https://www.nextpit.com/developer/6738051/keokafe01

Can you give me advice to develop them? Thank you for this useful article. I wish you health and success

JMoore07
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 5, 2014, 11:17:34 PM via Website

This was great... Thank you for sharing these great ideas

JMoore07
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 5, 2014, 11:18:23 PM via Website

Great!!

Deppon Lian
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 11, 2014, 6:35:00 PM via Website

Great tips indeed. But saying is more easier than doing. It's hard to promote apps now

Hayes Russell

Oct 13, 2014, 12:22:54 PM via Website

I am promoting applications on social networking and blogging. Thanks for share this tips. Next time, I'll definitely implement these tips to promote my apps & games.

Kate Parker

Oct 14, 2014, 2:58:56 PM via Website

Thank you for sharing this great tips which will provide a great help for all the developers to promote their apps.

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Oct 15, 2014, 8:33:33 PM via Website

Thank you very much friends for your responses and I can help you to get your apps or games promoted. We shall discuss the conditions in private messages please.

BR Top

Deactivated Account

Oct 18, 2014, 10:50:24 PM via Website

Great tips. Thanks for sharing!

Vishnu Narayana
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2014, 1:13:00 AM via Website

Definitely helpful, thanks! Though video marketing relies on a lot of things. If it's a trailer, then it will have some popularity if it's good. But if you're trying to make something more out of it (like RvB with Halo or something like that), then it already has to be a popular game for the video to be popular.

Brianna Fong

Nov 6, 2014, 9:10:48 AM via Website

thank you for sharing, Karthick~~what are those 500 websites?

super app lock

Nov 13, 2014, 3:31:06 AM via Website

Great points. If any popular forums or blog shared here would be very much appreciated.(hug)

angrynapkin

Nov 17, 2014, 5:12:34 PM via Website

There are some free ad-exchange networks out there. AdDuplex for windows phone for example. Not sure about iOS / Android. Basically for each impression you serve, you get an impression in someone else's app of your app.

Privacy Guard
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 19, 2014, 4:50:45 AM via Website

I'm a new user on the forum..

I will be very interested to have website list.

Thank you!

Andy Ba
  • Forum posts: 19

Nov 21, 2014, 4:39:41 PM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran, can you please pm me the list of free review sites as well.

PS: it would be more productive if you could post a link to a google doc or something with all the info.

squarestation

Nov 21, 2014, 10:53:31 PM via Website

Thats a good list for the start, thanks for sharing!

Chris Clay

Dec 30, 2014, 11:33:07 AM via Website

wow,That's a great idea.Your suggestion is very good.Now I am very glad to you because i am used your idea for my mobile website development. Thanks for your idea.

itecg web

Jan 2, 2015, 11:55:11 AM via Website

Wow! This is really very nice forum for a beginner.
*admin edit: external links are forbidden *

— modified on Jan 2, 2015, 4:26:25 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 6, 2015, 8:57:23 AM via Website

I can follow these steps for download new mobile app.

Sam Lee

Feb 4, 2015, 10:15:18 AM via Website

Thanks for share. That is what I need.:*

Brady Hill

Feb 9, 2015, 4:08:47 AM via Website

Thanks for your infomation,nice

Burnell Back

Feb 9, 2015, 4:20:19 AM via Website

good tips