Failure of Samsung Galaxy S3 Reboot.. Please help.. My phone stuck at SAMSUNG (it is just flashing there)

• Replies:62
Satish Varadha
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 23, 2014, 9:55:54 AM via Website

Hi Admin..

I Got a samsung galaxy s3 from my friend, and i thought to factory reset that and reboot the system. My Factory reset was successful and immediately i started reboot(I don't know anything about that, i did as my friend said). After that it restarted and stucked. It just flashing SAMSUNG logo. Even I tried to remove battery and restart it but it is same no change. Am unable to do factory reset also again or anything else as nothing is working other than that flashing.

I read somewhere in the forum you saying to odin. I don't any such things.. Can you please help me out step by step to solve this problem.

I'll be thankful to you.

Or anyone else can... please help me out..

Please

Please

Please

Thanks a lot in Advance..
Satish

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 23, 2014, 11:38:08 AM via Website

Hey Satish, the first thing we should do is make sure that the factory reset was indeed successful. I know you can't get into your phone, so try this method:

Turn the phone off
Press and hold Volume UP and Home (center) button
Press Power until the phone vibrates
Wait until you see the Android logo then release all the buttons
Use VOLUME DOWN to select wipe cache partition, and then press the Power button (right hand-side)
Use VOLUME DOWN to select Wipe data/Factory and press the Power button (right hand-side)
Select YES...delete all user data.
After format, press Power again to reboot the phone (select reboot system now).

Let me know what happens once you've tried this.

Kimela Schulz-YorkKhandibellRachel SmithSatish Varadha

Satish Varadha

Jun 23, 2014, 12:00:10 PM via Website

Hi Scott,

I appreciate your quick reply..

I did all the steps as you instructed..

My Wipe data/Factory reset was not successful or showed some failures in my previous attempts but it was successful after wiping cache partition couple of times. Than I rebooted it and the end result is my reboot was successful.:D:*<3

It is 3:00am and i was still working on it reading reviews watching youtubes... Heck....

But when I saw your mail than i quickly followed your instructions and wiped cache partition couple of times as my factory reset was not perfectly done and finally i got the result.

Thanks a lot lot lot..

I can sleep happily now..

Many thanks again:*

Roxanne Curzi

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 23, 2014, 1:07:40 PM via Website

Satish Varadha

Hi Scott,

I appreciate your quick reply..

I did all the steps as you instructed..

My Wipe data/Factory reset was not successful or showed some failures in my previous attempts but it was successful after wiping cache partition couple of times. Than I rebooted it and the end result is my reboot was successful.:D:*<3

It is 3:00am and i was still working on it reading reviews watching youtubes... Heck....

But when I saw your mail than i quickly followed your instructions and wiped cache partition couple of times as my factory reset was not perfectly done and finally i got the result.

Thanks a lot lot lot..

I can sleep happily now..

Many thanks again:*

That's great to hear! Glad I could help, Satish :D

Jeremy Cabrera
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 5:37:05 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Hey Satish, the first thing we should do is make sure that the factory reset was indeed successful. I know you can't get into your phone, so try this method:

Turn the phone off
Use VOLUME DOWN to select wipe cache partition, and then press the Power button (right hand-side)
Use VOLUME DOWN to select Wipe data/Factory and press the Power button (right hand-side)

Scott thanks a lot man i had this same problem and if it wasn't for you i would have been in so much trouble with my family....Thanks so much

Scott Adam Gordon

Jul 2, 2014, 10:02:11 AM via Website

Jeremy Cabrera

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

Scott thanks a lot man i had this same problem and if it wasn't for you i would have been in so much trouble with my family....Thanks so much

Haha thanks for letting me know Jeremy, you've made my day :D

sarath reguowb

Sep 1, 2014, 12:33:27 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

Hello scott adam,

i did all the instruction as you said but in the last while factory reset in that step its showing fail to mount/reboot
my mobile is samsung galaxy ace 5830i,please help me.i tried lot of times the factory reset ,wipe catches partition .still my phone when i switch on my mobile the samsung symbol is coming then again it goes and again the symbol coming non stop until i remove the battery..please help me to get put from this situation.two days before when i am checking my email the phone screen got stucked i tried to switch off but no use,then i removed the battery after that when i switch on the mobile the samsung symbol only coming and going
i waiting for your advisable solution for this problem
please help me,i really worried about my phone

Shaine Manalang

Sep 21, 2014, 11:21:00 AM via Website

Hi Admin,

I have a samsung galaxy too. Is there any other way? cause my phone won't work.. it says failed to reset rfs? I tried what you said too.

thanks.
shaine

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Sep 21, 2014, 11:41:23 AM via Website

Shaine Manalang

Hi Admin,

I have a samsung galaxy too. Is there any other way? cause my phone won't work.. it says failed to reset rfs? I tried what you said too.

thanks.
shaine

You need to re-flash your phone with odin , tick the Auto Reboot and F-reset time

If it didn't helped, re-flash again with a Pit file . Find a correct pit file or it will damage your phone completely

Ready To Help You.

Morgan Dougherty

Oct 29, 2014, 12:47:33 AM via Website

i did the same thing and I am still stuck at the at&t logo.. to be more descriptive its white background and the blue ball and it gets suck there..
I really wish I can make this work. I tried rebooting it about 2 times already just as you said.. any other tips for me I just want my phone working again plz help

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Oct 29, 2014, 2:03:08 AM via Website

Morgan Dougherty

i did the same thing and I am still stuck at the at&t logo.. to be more descriptive its white background and the blue ball and it gets suck there..
I really wish I can make this work. I tried rebooting it about 2 times already just as you said.. any other tips for me I just want my phone working again plz help

you can try Emergency firmware recovery from Kies.
or use Odin to re-flash your current firmware. Always flash the latest version

Ready To Help You.

BlaqChyna

Nov 18, 2014, 4:46:05 AM via Website

Scott:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Did I say thank you? I was going stark raving mad trying to get my SG3 to work after performing a factory reset. I didn't want to do it anyway, but I was desperate. Imagine my level of anxiety when it wouldn't move past the T-Mobile logo. You MY MAN have saved the day!!!! ummm did I say THANK YOU???!!!!

Thomaline Laye

Dec 11, 2014, 11:46:36 PM via Website

I have the same problem bhut its not changing and saying it can't mount

Morgan Hackworth

Dec 25, 2014, 9:04:45 PM via Website

Hey there my name is morgan. I have a problem with my galaxy s3 and i really need your help if possible. it was downloading an update then went dark and popped with a screen with the little robot laying down with its chest open and a big red triangle with an ! in it saying no command below it. it also says android system recovery <3e> kot49h.l710vpucndc and below that all in red it says volume updown to move highlight: power button to select. then in blue it gives the option to either reboot sstem now which ive tried then it has apply updates from ABD then apply update from external storage then wipe data/factory reset which i dont wanna do then it has wipe chache partition and finally it has apply update from cache. and on the bottom of the screen all in yellow it says # manual mode # -- appling multi-csc... applied the csc mode : BST successfully applied multi-CSC. i dont wanna loose everything. is there anyway to fix it or at least download all of my stuff?

Sebastian Peter

Dec 27, 2014, 6:32:04 AM via Website

Hello. Good afternoon. Im Sebastián from México. Can you help me ? Y tryed to do that what Scott said and ir doesn't works. But there is this:
E:failed to mount /data (invalid argument)
Can't mount '/data'(Invalid argument)
E:failed to mount /data/log/recovery_log.txt

Jorge Soto

Dec 30, 2014, 4:33:26 AM via Website

Sebastian Peter

Hello. Good afternoon. Im Sebastián from México. Can you help me ? Y tryed to do that what Scott said and ir doesn't works. But there is this:

Try wiping cache and data multiple times, then flash with Odin.

— modified on Dec 30, 2014, 5:33:12 AM

Duke N Cindy Adams

Dec 31, 2014, 4:33:53 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

This is a shout out to anyone that is phone savy.
my phones battery ran down last night, because i forgot to plug it in.
This morning when i plugged it in it will not start up, it is stuck on the start up screen.
I tried to do a factory reset but when i hold the 3 buttons it will not let me get into that screen.
I love my phone, so i hope someone can help.

Deactivated Account

Jan 8, 2015, 5:27:33 PM via Website

Jorge Soto

Sebastian Peter

Try wiping cache and data multiple times, then flash with Odin.

I have tried this but only stays on the screen the power button does not select anything. idk what else to do? please help.

Arya Nugraha

Feb 19, 2015, 6:07:19 PM via Website

me too bro..i have my samsung galaxy note 8.0 GT-N5100,it's always bootloop and i've tried to factory data reset..and i cant access to it.i've tried to flash it and it still not working.please help me bro..
sorry for my bad english

Kylie Ann

Mar 6, 2015, 2:22:12 AM via Website

I've tried this but nothing happens it still flashes the Samsung logo? I can't get to the android logo by holding vol up home and power

— modified on Mar 6, 2015, 2:25:34 AM

alekhya

Mar 31, 2015, 8:27:03 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

Hi Admin..

I Got a samsung galaxy s3 from my friend (its a rooted mbl), and i thought to factory reset that and reboot the system. I entered reboot phase then i feel i've deleted operating system of my device unkowingly :'( but my Factory reset was successful and immediately i started reboot(I don't know anything about that, i did as my friend said). After that it restarted and stucked. It just flashing SAMSUNG logo. Even I tried to remove battery and restart it but it is same no change. Am unable to do factory reset also again or anything else as nothing is working other than that flashing. As soon as i place my battery Samsung galaxy logo starts flashing. Unable to connect it to my laptop too. Tried installing kies even then the same issue is continuing. what to do..

I read somewhere in the forum you saying to odin. I don't see my device connecting to my laptop to perform such actions.. Can you please help me out step by step to solve this problem.

I'll be thankful to you.

Or anyone else can... please help me out.. Please Please Please

Thanks a lot in Advance..

P.S : Also tried all the steps which you mentioned. I am able to get an option after pressing these: "home+power button+ volume down" then i get a "warning screen" then by clicking volume up "android logo with downloading; do not turn off the target " is what I seen.. I got stuck here after this my device is either connecting to laptop or completing its action. help me pls.. :'(

Bernadette Remo

Apr 26, 2015, 1:20:11 PM via Website

Hi! would like to try this but I need to plug my flashing samsung s3 onto a computer and download Odin from the web and install right?
Thanks!

Bernadette Remo

Apr 26, 2015, 1:51:00 PM via Website

Jeremy Cabrera

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

hi scott! What if it says "failed to mount/efs"? I did the whole process for a lot of times now..please i want to use my s3 again. Help! :(

Iff Chaudhry

AliakbarAden

May 1, 2015, 11:39:28 AM via Website

Thanks Scott For The Help And U Also Made My Day And My Problem Is Solved At Last Thanks Buddy..;)

Iff Chaudhry

Lluxed

May 16, 2015, 4:49:35 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Turn the phone off

hey guys.
i just had several troubles with my samsung galaxy s3 sgh i747m.
i tried to wipe data/factory several times but each time i got error or failure "E: cant mount data/ invalid arguments" and it keep loading in the samsung logo.
i searched the web about 6 hours without fix until i reach your post, tried it and in less than 5 min got my phone to work.
i appreciate your help a lot. thanks.

ps. sorry for my english, im from spain...

syan khn

May 16, 2015, 5:09:06 PM via Website

Dear sir i am Syan from India i have my samsung galaxy mini today i was reset factory after that my phone not start only just showing samsung logo then according of your explain i same as it is i doing press volume up button and hold center button and hold power button then andriod logo came then i leave all button then from volume down button i wipe down and done cash then i down key and click on yes delete all data but after that i press again power buton but my phone not start please just guide me more how can set my phone please guide me i will really very thankful to you thanks

Kathy McVay

May 19, 2015, 3:18:51 AM via Website

Hi. My reset comes up with E:failure to mount /efs (invalid argument). Is my handest fixable please

aks

May 28, 2015, 9:39:20 PM via Website

Hi Scott,

would you help me plaese!!!!!!!!???????

I have a the same problem with my S3 and i deed :
Turn the phone off
After format, press Power again to reboot the phone (select reboot system now and in the end withuit any result en it is staying every 2 second stuck.

sorry of my english and thanks.:)

Kenna Maillard

Jun 11, 2015, 9:06:16 PM via Website

Hello Scott.. the exact same thing happened to my galaxy s3. I did as you instructed and I wiped the cache and then the data, but when I try the recovery it just goes back to the flashing logo. Hopefully you´ll have another advice?

Evangelina De La Paz

Jun 24, 2015, 12:55:36 AM via Website

Hey blaqchyna my Samsung galaxy s3 is doing the same thing may I ask what you did to get it working?

Evangelina De La Paz

Jun 24, 2015, 12:57:10 AM via Website

BlaqChyna

Scott:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Did I say thank you? I was going stark raving mad trying to get my SG3 to work after performing a factory reset. I didn't want to do it anyway, but I was desperate. Imagine my level of anxiety when it wouldn't move past the T-Mobile logo. You MY MAN have saved the day!!!! ummm did I say THANK YOU???!!!!

May I ask what you did to get your phone to work ? Mine is also stuck on the t mobile logo

jabrandon “Jb” wright

Jul 21, 2015, 11:58:26 PM via Website

My phone comes on to Samsung den goes off don't come back on helppppp

Rachel Smith

Aug 28, 2015, 11:12:16 AM via Website

thank you same issue here was down to the point of trying to figure out how i was going to afford a new phone tomorrow... lol was hunting craigslist for used Samsung .. this worked for me i was doing a hard reset because i had not done one in over a year and my phone was acting up and not working properly and it bricked on me till i read your instructions it would not reboot after the hard reset.. so THANK YOU tons

Billie Bond-Townsend

Aug 28, 2015, 8:42:27 PM via Website

I had the same problems. I tried what you said. It just gives a little vibrate nudge & then nothing. Dead

Iff Chaudhry
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 3, 2015, 11:29:05 AM via Website

Phone is not working after factory reset

Hi scott
I am still having the problem after factory reset. My phone is "Qmobile Noir i5" (android) , whenever i turn on my phone it freezes on noir logo , its not booting up.... even after several times I've done wipe cache n wipe data/factory reset.. The procedure , step by step, u told to miss.Satish, i did also try that .. but it didn't make any difference. .
Please help me im so worried :(

Aree

Sep 19, 2015, 10:13:23 PM via Website

Hi, just wondering if you can help with my phone. I've read how to do the reboot of it but my phones still not working and still just keeps flashing the samsung sign.

Fatih Hedisov

Nov 1, 2015, 8:51:17 PM via Website

Hi scot, but my phone can't enter recovery mode. pls help me. I have same problem.

Crb Barn

Nov 21, 2015, 5:07:09 PM via Website

Hello,

I'm having nearly the identical issue that you helped this person with, only the solution does not work for me.

Here's the situation:

This morning I tried to Factory Reset my old S3 in order to give it to a friend. In the middle of the reset it got stuck in a Boot Loop.

With the phone off, when I follow your instruction to "Press and hold Volume UP and Home (center) button" nothing happens. When I hold Volume Up, Home and Power simultaneously it only restarts the phone. Even before the reset holding those 3 simultaneously did nothing. I had to go in to settings and manually trigger the factory reset.

I've taken out the battery & the SIM card over and over as I try to address all of this but nothing works.

If you have any suggestions for further approaches I'd be very appreciative. Thanks for your time.

Eni Oremović

Dec 5, 2015, 4:42:35 PM via Website

Hi Scott

I did this that you wrote but after I select reboot system now it says''mistake'' and then ''samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9300'' apears on the screen. I've tried this several times but it doesent work. Can you help me with that?

Sorry for bad english im from Europe :P

Kenneth Lloyd Laluna

Jan 15, 2016, 8:49:30 PM via Website

if you guys did the reset as stated and goes back to the samsung logo again just press volume up and home button should bring you back to screen with your phone to start with location date etc. solved..

Candace Lee

Sk Farooq

Feb 6, 2016, 1:40:21 PM via Website

Scott same prob with me but when.i prest 3 keys u mentiond but nothing happens.fectry data reset option comes for a while after 2 3 sec it gone.then samsung logo stucks tell me what i do.plz help me sir

Miranda Gibson

Feb 15, 2016, 9:43:23 AM via Website

I had the same issue. I simply wiped my cache 5 times. Then immediately did the factory reset. It worked beautifully.!

Anurag Garg

Mar 25, 2016, 11:44:43 AM via Website

Hi,

will delete all user data (deletes the data from my external sd card too ) . Please reply asap.

Thanks
anurag

Jarred Keister

Mar 30, 2016, 1:45:17 PM via Website

I know im a bit late. But for the third step do i let go of the power button after the vibration and then let go of the volume up and home button when i see the android logo?

Saransh Bhatt

Apr 2, 2016, 10:45:56 AM via Website

Hey there, if you are having this problem then I can tell you the fix. Me too experienced the same problem but I somehow managed to get rid of this problem. Now all you have to do is flash the recovery file for your samsung android using Odin. You can read all the steps and follow them very carefully from this tutorial that you can find by Google "fix samsung galaxy stuck at samsung logo kickiteasy" then you'll also have the fix.

Asif Iqbal

Apr 12, 2016, 5:24:51 PM via Website

I awoke up in the morning and found that my phone was dead. I tried to turned on and can see only "SAMSUN GALAXY S3 GT-I9300" and remains here for ever.

I tried to enter in RECOVER MODE and it gives me error "E: UNABLE TO MOUNT /efs" Unable to mount /system etc etc and whole screen is covered with this MOUNT errors.

I tried to put it in download mode "Down volume key + Menu + Power key", computer can see a device is connected but unable to connect with phone using KIES, ODIN and ADB shell.

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

Regards

— modified on Apr 12, 2016, 5:25:46 PM

sagar sunny

May 4, 2016, 9:02:57 AM via Website

Some moments i found my phone is dead(SAMSUN GALAXY S3 GT-I9300)I try to all option to turn on but still no updates,Then my display showing Downloading... like this.How can i recover my phone.

Help ,if u can possible

Thanks & regards,
Sagar Sunny

Moe Omar

May 6, 2016, 7:39:35 PM via Website

there are some apps that won't be removed even with that kind of wiping or any kind for all i know>one of those is (APUS) and some others. and the biggest problem is that after i wiped every thing an other problem came up (the touching option is gone after 10-15 sec)
So Please!!!!
Help me Man......

Masturah Khan

May 28, 2016, 10:36:38 AM via Website

Hello

my phone is samsung J2. Recently, i dropped it. I wanted to unlock my phone password after on-ing the phone but it cannot detect. So i shut down and tried to on it back but it was stucked at the samsung logo. I tried to factory reset by pressing the necessary buttons but to no avail. Please help me!!! :/

Lynn Messer

Jul 12, 2016, 2:37:01 AM via Website

Hello I have tried to reboot my Samsung galaxy s3 mini I've tried the volume up an home key an the power it don't vibrate all the phone does is show the logo I'd what to do idk if it matters but all the phones I've seen the power button is on the side mine is on the top?? Plz help