- Forum posts: 1,110
May 7, 2014, 1:50:16 PM via Website
May 7, 2014 1:50:16 PM via Website
Doing a hard reset on a device might be necessary when a simple factory reset via the Settings menu hasn't worked, or hen your screen won't turn or or device won't even boot up so you can access the settings menu.
Performing a Hard Reset via hardware buttons also gives you a little more control over the reset.
Note: Please make sure you have backed up all of your important data and apps before performing a reset.
- Turn your Galaxy Tab 3 off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back. This is the - stock recovery screen.
- Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and use the Power button to confirm.
- Scroll down to Yes, Delete All User Data and hit Power to confirm.
- Back on the first screen, scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition and select with power button.
- Hit Reboot System Now to restart your Galaxy Tab 3 with factory settings restored.
Let us know if you have any problems.
— modified on May 7, 2014, 1:56:46 PM
Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting