Phone wont work with new update

• Replies:7
Brenton Cluff
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 15, 2014, 8:02:18 AM via Website

Hey, im new to this website but I have a problem with my galaxy s3 so I thought id ask here, I got an update for my phone a couple of weeks ago but decided not to update it, then today I finally did, and the update took a while but once done, my phone just shows the turning on screen for ages and ages, sometimes even more than 10 minutes, then occasionaly it will act as if it is turning on again and do the start up screen, but every single time it freezes with the screen just saying Samsung, it still glows and stuff but just stays on that screen. I don't know what update it was because I didn't look, but im pretty sure it was 4.3 because my phone has been fully updated since this recent one. please help me fix my phone asap! :(

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 15, 2014, 8:14:16 AM via Website

Well, i think that while updating some problem has occurred ! How did you update your device OTA or using Kies ???? I think you may need to factory reset your device as update may not be successfully completed.

Brenton Cluff

Apr 15, 2014, 8:25:48 AM via Website

What does OTA mean?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 15, 2014, 8:30:19 AM via Website

@Brenton OTA means over the air i.e when you get a notification that updates are available for your device and when you click on it you devices downloads and installs the upgrade, i.e. it installs the update wirelessly while updating using Kies involves the use of PC and data cable.

Brenton Cluff

Apr 15, 2014, 8:36:28 AM via Website

The first one, I pressed on the software update widget, pressed update and then it started, took about half an hour then said install update, so I pressed install and than it installed it and rebooted and wouldn't turn back on

Brenton Cluff

Apr 15, 2014, 11:50:16 AM via Website

How would I factory reset it?