Google Nexus 7 (2013) — stuck on 'Turning On WiFi' screen

• Replies:2
putmeincoach!
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 7:14:11 AM via Website

I decided to reset my Nexus 7 tablet to Factory Settings. Upon reboot, when asked to select my language, and I choose English (U.S), the tablet gets stuck on the following screen, 'Select Wi-Fi'. It says it's 'Turning Wi-Fi on...' but nothing happens. I can't select 'Other network' and nor does the menu button respond.

I chatted with an Asus rep (the maker of my Nexus 7 tablet), and they walked me through Hard Reset, like the one outlined in this forum. I've done this several times now, and I still get stuck on the same screen.

I'm pretty much stumped at this point and could use some expertise here.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Vaughn Simon
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 19, 2014, 2:07:19 AM via Website

putmeincoach!

I decided to reset my Nexus 7 tablet to Factory Settings. Upon reboot, when asked to select my language, and I choose English (U.S), the tablet gets stuck on the following screen, 'Select Wi-Fi'. It says it's 'Turning Wi-Fi on...' but nothing happens. I can't select 'Other network' and nor does the menu button respond.

I'm pretty much stumped at this point and could use some expertise here.

I have this same issue, only with a brand new pad.
It seems to connect to my wifi, but then nothing else happens. It's a brick.

BTW: second unit, same behavior. So it's either something odd about my (open) Wi-Fi, or I'm a total dork! How do I get past the Wi-Wi selection screen?

I'm totally stumped!

Vaughn

Vaughn Simon
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 19, 2014, 3:52:01 PM via Website

OK I found the problem. The tablet appeared to have been connected to my signal, but it wasn't. I simply took the pad to Panara this morning, and discovered that it liked their Wi-Fi signal. So I was able to easily log onto the pad. Thanks to Google, if your new pad can't connect to a Wi-Fi signal, it is a brick!

After a little investigation back at home, I remembered that my "open" Wi-Wi has access control enabled. Once I added the new pad to the list, all was well. Google could have make their MANDITORY new tablet log-on process a whole lot friendlier and saved me some head banging here. But Google is Google.