Kit Kat for S4 AT&T?

• Replies:6
anitahumma
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 27, 2013, 11:14:00 PM via Website

Anyone know when Kit Kat will be available for Samsung S4 - AT&T?

rob d.
  • Forum posts: 35

Dec 30, 2013, 3:01:36 AM via Website

I don't sorry but this is precisely why I purchased the S4 Google Play Edition.
anitahumma
Anyone know when Kit Kat will be available for Samsung S4 - AT&T?

Steve Godro
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 31, 2013, 12:22:06 AM via App

My phone is definitely gonna be a Nexus.. Love the quick updates & the custom roms.

rob d.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 31, 2013, 12:42:21 AM via Website

Samsung have said that the S3 & S4 will get 4.4, but not when. All manufacturers are the same: a flagship model appears with the latest firmware and a huge advertising push, but within 8 months they focus on the next flagship and the previous model's development slows down. I spent years patiently waiting for my X10 to get Froyo, my arc to get ICS and finally the One X to get 4.3. Hence the Nexus 5 :)

Sinkster

rob d.
  • Forum posts: 35

Dec 31, 2013, 4:21:23 AM via Website

Again, just get the Google Play Edition and you would have been on KitKat 4.4 right now like I am. Sammy S4
sinkster
Samsung have said that the S3 & S4 will get 4.4, but not when. All manufacturers are the same: a flagship model appears with the latest firmware and a huge advertising push, but within 8 months they focus on the next flagship and the previous model's development slows down. I spent years patiently waiting for my X10 to get Froyo, my arc to get ICS and finally the One X to get 4.3. Hence the Nexus 5 :)

Joel Magid
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 31, 2013, 7:47:02 PM via App

Rumor has it that it may be late January 2014.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 3, 2014, 3:36:39 PM via Website

The gap between Android 4.3 from Google and the AT&T variant on the S4 was four months. If that timeline holds true again, you're looking at the end of February. But considering a French carrier has already scheduled it for late January/early February it's foreseeable that it may come to the US around then also. AT&T are not the greatest at rapid updates, but they're certainly not the worst either. Remember with the Android 4.3 update recently they pulled the update pronto when there was a problem, then released the fixed update and the stability patch first too. So at the very least there's a good chance that AT&T will get KitKat right when they do release it.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting