Hello Everybody Octacore ?

• Replies:4
F Beattie
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 20, 2013, 3:27:18 PM via Website

Hi just an android user tried couple of Rom's etc but its the customisation I love about androind,have old HTC Desire S running gingerbread,HTC One X Jb 4.2.2,2012 Nexus 7 jb 4.3 and everyday user S4 19505 jb4.2.2. Currently using "themer" launcher and got to say it is definitely one of the best I come across 360 user so loving GTA V version brilliant, only thing not liking about S4 is touch wiz comes nowhere near to sense in my opinion be great if I could keep most stuff but have blinkfeed on it but as it stands I'm still trying to understand the dual quad core's and the possible introduction of an update which will effectively turn my phone ( rem PHONE ) into an octacore ? Will it ever be obsolete ?

— modified on Oct 20, 2013, 8:45:44 PM

Ben Lall
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 22, 2013, 12:56:01 AM via Website

It depends if you have the octa core international version or quad core vesion. The octa core is not true octa core because it has 4 A15 cores for the hard work and 4 A7 cores for light work and they do not work at the same time,
only one set either the A15 or A7 and samsung says they never will release the software update because of heat issues and battery drain.

F Beattie

Oct 22, 2013, 2:55:33 AM via Website

Yeah I know about what Samsung have said but according to what I read through "drippler" apparently they spoke of an update tried + tested + came to points about heat etc but they put it as "when" someone will come up with a custom ROM, sorry I should have pointed that out.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 22, 2013, 3:02:28 PM via Website

Hey guys, you can read an article I wrote a while back, when Samsung said they would make the HMP change to the S4 and Note 3. Since then there's claims they won't do it, but it'll appear natively in devices next year. There's also some info in the article about Meizu, a Chinese company that has done a HMP software upgrade for their devices that run the same Exynos 5 chipset as the S4/Note 3, so you could look further into what they did and see if you can find more about its applicability to the S4. I'm sure someone's fiddled around with the update.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

F Beattie

Oct 22, 2013, 4:53:40 PM via Website

Thanks