Notifications issue - can I get push notifications for AndroidPIT app activity?

• Replies:10
David D.
  • Forum posts: 77

Oct 4, 2013, 7:07:06 PM via App

Is there any way to get notification alerts for the replies to my comments on news, forum, etc? I have to check everyday the articles on which I posted comments for replies, which is frankly, quite tiresome.

— modified on May 8, 2014, 4:06:10 PM by moderator

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 4, 2013, 7:28:33 PM via Website

David Dave
Is there any way to get notification alerts for the replies to my comments on news, forum, etc? I have to check everyday the articles on which I posted comments for replies, which is frankly, quite tiresome.

I have AndroidPit email me when ever I have a response from a post or thread I created.

If you go to the forum @ androidpit.com, go to what you want notification on and either or both "I woukd like to watch this thread", "I would like to receive an email when a new post is added". Should be located in the space below your post in edit mode.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

David D.

Oct 5, 2013, 9:51:37 AM via App

Actually, I don't use the email address I created the account with. So, what about in-app notifications?

I use only the app, not the website.

— modified on Oct 5, 2013, 9:52:26 AM

Amy R.

Oct 5, 2013, 4:59:49 PM via App

Hey David,

Just for kicks, I installed AndroidPit app so I could mess around with it (never used it before, only used App Center app in the past).

-WOW! They almost look identical. The notifications setting appears to be very similar to app center. Has no seletion for forum notifications.

It gets a little difficult if you don't have an app for the email you use for your AndroidPit account. If you do though, the process on AndroidPit's website you only need to do once. Otherwise, you can return at any time to adjust your preferences then go right back to just using the AndroidPit app.

-Maybe this can be an update for the developer to incorporate soon...................................

— modified on Oct 5, 2013, 5:00:47 PM

Amy R.

Oct 5, 2013, 5:59:49 PM via App

Just to add- If you go to notifications in your settings, you can have them notify you when new articles or app test are posted but not much other.........

Amy R.

Oct 5, 2013, 6:00:10 PM via App

How bout that AndroidPit app update??

— modified on Oct 5, 2013, 6:01:59 PM

David D.

Oct 5, 2013, 6:39:28 PM via App

Yes . Those are pretty much the notifications I don't need.

Amy R.

Oct 5, 2013, 7:22:24 PM via App

-Agreed

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 7, 2013, 12:42:36 PM via Website

Hey guys, I made a suggestion about just this recently and it was received well (no guarantees it will appear in the next update though!). I thought it would be useful in the app to have the option of being notified of replies to your forum threads, replies to threads you've participated in, watched thread additions other comments to articles you've commented on etc so email support/app switching is not required. If there's any other notifications in particular you would like to see, add them to this forum thread (be as specific as you can) and I'll make sure the developer and management team see this thread.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 7, 2013, 1:10:20 PM via Website

I just passed on this forum to the app developer, Henrique, and he asked me to let you know you can make specific app suggestions on the following page: androidpit.uservoice.com
Don't be alarmed by the German, the essential parts (post a new idea, give feedback) are in English!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.

Oct 7, 2013, 2:44:37 PM via App

Kris Carlon
I just passed on this forum to the app developer, Henrique, and he asked me to let you know you can make specific app suggestions on the following page: androidpit.uservoice.com
Don't be alarmed by the German, the essential parts (post a new idea, give feedback) are in English!

Thank you Kris :)