Will Sony's Cyber-shot lens attachments revolutionize smartphone photography?

• Replies:5
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 13, 2013, 2:35:19 PM via Website

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 and QX100 are my favorite new gadgets coming out of IFA 2013 last week and the Apple event just a few days ago. There's a number of reasons why I think they are revolutionary new products, but I want to know what you think of these new lens attachments for any smartphone.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 13, 2013, 11:16:19 PM via Website

Well Kriss, you already know why I like it so much. For the few like me who prefer a phone with simpler programming and function can now have the ability to take high quality photos with this attachment. Still saving my pennies for it! Man, I just dig the way it works!!!!!!

— modified on Sep 13, 2013, 11:18:32 PM

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Dean
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 11:27:35 AM via App

besides walking into room looking like a killer robot I think that these new lenses are taking it to new levels . yes you could say may as well just carry point n shoot camera but think this is much better. I bought galaxy cam n yes I love it but wish this would have been a choice at that time! might flog cam n put it to words this!

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 18, 2013, 8:56:20 PM via Website

I had the chance to play around with the QX10 lens over the weekend (and will hopefully do a video soon) to take you through the pros and cons of the gadget. There's a few things that I noticed I'm not super keen on, like a pretty major processing delay after taking a photo, but I'm still just as convinced by how cool this is. As Amy says, anyone with a smartphone, not necessarily a high-end one, can now take brilliant photos with (or without) their smartphone, and while traditional point-and-shoot cameras might still fufill the same purpose, they don't attach to your smartphone (or your face)! And they can't (except for the S4 Zoom and Galaxy Cam) take proper advantage of the social and network functionality of your smartphone as easily.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.

Sep 19, 2013, 3:08:16 AM via App

I used a Cyber-shot digital camera for years and loved and it a lot (until it hit the pavement -R.I.P.) The zooming capability looks to be as good as their regular cameras too. It would be a shame if the some of it's other capabilities are sacrificed do to it's primarily use as a phone attachment though.

Amy R.

Sep 19, 2013, 3:08:31 AM via App

Test away Kris, that would be awesome!

— modified on Sep 19, 2013, 3:09:53 AM