How do I print directly from my tablet to my printer (no cloud)?

• Replies:9
Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 9, 2013, 3:43:31 AM via Website

I'm constantly running into issues when I'm printing from my tablet to my printer. I don't own a wireless hub so my printer is unable to go on the internet. Because of the tablet plan I have, I can't tether my printer. This makes cloud printing virtually impossible. USB's don't work right on my device either. Right now, I'm using PrinterShare. It gets annoying when printing documents. I have to manipulate between the app and my settings in order to print directly to my printer. The doc formating never seems to come out right and I usually need revise multiple times before it finally does.

Is there an alternative when printing from my tablet directly to my printer? My printer is only 3 inches away from me.

-Please help me. :(

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Amy R.

Sep 10, 2013, 2:13:02 AM via Website

Update: I would like to add that I use OfficeSuite 7 as my word processor. Could this formatting issue because of the doc format I use in my office app? Has anyone else ran into this same problem?

— modified on Sep 10, 2013, 2:15:10 AM

Amy R.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:16:25 PM via Website

I don't understand. All these views and not one person will help. I can't be the only android owner who uses OfficeSuite7 and PinterShare.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 12, 2013, 11:27:08 AM via Website

What kind fo printer do you have Amy? I had a HP previously and used the free HP ePrint app and it was great. Before that I just always sent the file to my computer and did it from there. Never had to print from a tablet though. Have you tried using a different office suite to see if you can eliminate Office Suite 7 as the source of the problem?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.

Sep 13, 2013, 12:29:10 AM via Website

Thank you for responding Kris (it is much appreciated). I own an HP Photosmart 6520. Whenever I tried to use the ePrint app (printing out documents only), the app would state that it would only print to the cloud. Can't tether, printer has no internet to complete the process. My tablet is the only internet I have and also acts as my computer. To be honest with you, I would hate to use another office program. I love how OfficeSuite7 works.

I am convinced that it must be an issue in PrinterShare reading the type of doc file I'm saving things under. The formats are like windows. I'm trying out saving in a different doc format. Maybe one of the 5 doc formats in OfficeSuite7 will be more compatible and communicate better with PrinterShare. I don't know much about PrinterShare when it involves the format of their "doc surrender". PrinterShare's website doesn't have much pertaining to that kind of information.

Amy R.

Sep 14, 2013, 12:02:20 AM via Website

I used all the doc and text formats Office Suite Pro had (gave the wrong app name in prior threads). I ran into the same issue with everyone. It appears that the amount of characters per line differs between Office Suite Pro and PrinterShare. Also seems the fonts between the two differ as well. Emailed Dynamixsoftware's tech support. Hopefully they can help shed some light on this or troubleshoot further.

steve frank
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 3:52:43 PM via Website

Forum communities are hard to be managed due to the traffic spikes they face. I print directly with cloud,Keeping that in mind, Cloudways provides customized forum cloud solutions with high avalibility and 99.9% uptime

Amy R.

Sep 17, 2013, 9:38:44 PM via Website

That's understandable Steve but I am unable to print to the cloud at all. My setup doesn't allow me to. That's why I had no choice other than using PrinterShare for direct printing. I'm really getting sick of this formatting issue though. No reply from Dynamixsoftware yet...................

jems-ford
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 8, 2018, 12:07:41 PM via Website

A printer must be wifi printer. you can install the cloud app in your Your Tablet. Then configure the specific printer.

william joe
  • Forum posts: 35

Aug 3, 2022, 10:05:09 AM via Website

How to print from an Android phone or tablet
Open the document you'd like to print.
Open the menu, and select “Print."
The print menu will open.
Select a printer from the drop-down menu.
Select “print.” Your document will be sent to your printer.

Regards,
Will