Help xperia play r800i unresponsive screen

• Replies:6
rDanny
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 21, 2013, 3:33:17 PM via Website

Help my xperia play r800i has a unresponsive screen it was working fine last night and now this morning i could not get past the swipe lock screen, i have used sony pc companion to restore the phone, that now atleast allows me to flip oopen the fone and navigate menus,

the root icon looks to have dissapeared i did think i could calibrate the screen but cannot find such a setting,
also when i connect a charger the phone turns off and the back on??

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 21, 2013, 4:39:14 PM via Website

The issue is probably hardware related seeing as you can use the hardkeys to navigate, there was an issue with some plays caused by the digitizer. If it's under warranty then return it(relock your bootloader if you've unlocked it), though it's fairly reasonable priced to get it done by an independent, or if you're confident you can try it yourself guide here

Sinkster

rDanny

Mar 21, 2013, 4:47:01 PM via Website

iv changed the screen on a psp before (the circuit board) anyway will i just need to place the hard front part of the screen then or as with the psp the actual screen circuit, thanks.
is this what i need?
if i ebay
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800i LCD-Top Touch Screen Digitizer Front can i get one of those for about £15 to fix it?

— modified on Mar 21, 2013, 4:50:13 PM

sinkster

Mar 21, 2013, 5:06:38 PM via Website

I've had two Xperia phones, X10 and arc, before the oneX I've got atm, and taken them apart a few times. Sounds right, this one on Amazon is almost identical to the arc one. Check on XDA forums to double check, but going by the symptoms it def. sounds hardware related.

Sinkster

rDanny

Mar 21, 2013, 7:17:14 PM via Website

yea thats looks about right,

the part in question is it the actual part your finger touches or does it go behind that front screen?? if you get what i mean or is it all one and the same unit?

rDanny

Mar 21, 2013, 7:21:18 PM via Website

is it the actual front bit your finger touches or does it go behind that front screen? or is it all one and the same unit?

sinkster

Mar 28, 2013, 11:05:21 AM via Website

Sorry for the late reply, I was called away for a while. The digitizer/screen should be one piece.

Sinkster