Tablet 3G problems

• Replies:6
Bobby Peacock
  • Forum posts: 3

May 27, 2012, 11:47:04 AM via Website

I have recently bought a Tablet A10 All Winner Ice Cream Sandwich and am very happy with it. I would like to connect my 3G dongle to it and the support info on the tablet says that I can do this via a Huawei E1750 dongle. I purchased this device but have no idea how to connect it to my tablet - could any kind person out there talk me through this procedure in simple terms please as I am a newcomer to the Android system. My tablet has a mini USB port for the connection. I am in the UK. Thanks.

Jim Walker
  • Forum posts: 34

Jun 3, 2012, 4:20:15 PM via App

I have the same tablet,if you have no luck with the 3g Dongle,you can tether the tablet to your phone with an app called '1-Click Tether' from the android market.Very easy to use.

Bobby Peacock

Jun 3, 2012, 6:19:02 PM via Website

Thanks for your reply Jim. Have you connected your tablet to 3G successfully with a dongle? If so - how did you do it? I will try with my phone but really wanted to do it via my dongle. Cheers.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jun 5, 2012, 4:31:21 PM via Website

I havent ever actually tried using a 3G dongle with my tablet. Anyone here who's ever done it?

Jim Walker

Jun 5, 2012, 8:47:06 PM via App

Hi Bobby,no i have not tried using a 3g Dongle to get onto the internet, so can't help there.Good Luck

Jim Walker

Jun 5, 2012, 8:53:26 PM via App

Forgot to say using 1-Click Tether works very well with Opera mini browser,good if your tablet can connect via wifi but has no bluetooth.
If you are away from home you can download 1-click tether to your phone and your tablet is on the net.

— modified on Jun 5, 2012, 8:54:23 PM

Bobby Peacock

Jun 5, 2012, 11:19:09 PM via Website

Thank you for your advice - much appreciated