Contacts

• Replies:9
Paul Baylis
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 5, 2012, 12:26:06 AM via Website

Having recently bought an HTC Wildfire, after putting in the new sim-card I realised that I have 'lost' all my the contacts in my phone book on the sim. Can anyone suggest where they might be? Thanks, Paul

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 5, 2012, 10:17:43 AM via Website

Were you saving them to your google account? If you you just need to resynic your Wildfire to your Google account and your lost contacts should load automatically. If you go to settings>accounts and sync you should have the option to define which accounts automatically sync to your phone. Or if you saved your contacts to your sim card you can also restore your lost number. Check out this article about recovering your lost contacts for an exact description.

Paul Baylis
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 7, 2012, 11:24:55 AM via Website

Thank you for that. How do I recover the numbers after 'syncing' them?

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 7, 2012, 10:38:40 PM via Website

Any contact info saved in Google (gmail, contacts, calendar) will be re-pushed by goog back to your phone automatically..

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

May 28, 2015, 2:13:36 PM via Website

Stop write anything to your Android phone,otherwise you will re-write the files and permanently lose your important data. Then use some software to help you .
Searching from google !

Pixelape
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 4, 2015, 11:40:25 AM via Website

checkout contacts.google.com . It literally has everything you need to maintain your contacts

zxcv qwer
  • Forum posts: 19

Jan 19, 2016, 8:47:44 AM via Website

An android phone data recovery app could recover lost contacts easily, google it to know more.

— modified on May 10, 2016, 7:44:32 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 52

Jan 19, 2016, 8:52:34 AM via Website

You can download an recovery tool I think, which is the most easy way for me . Check it out here: how to recover contacts on android

— modified on Jan 19, 2016, 8:56:10 AM

lucyll
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 6, 2016, 11:58:30 AM via Website

An mobile phone data recovery app could recover lost data from your htc phone easily.

KKkyra
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 15, 2019, 8:39:44 AM via Website

You should stop writing new contacts on your phone to avoid data overwritten until you get the contacts back. And then choose an Android recovery tool to restore the contacts from your HTC. Some recovery tools require you root your phone before performing recovery. I recommend Bitwar Data Recovery, which helped me a lot.