Problem with Application Downloading in Android Market

• Replies:8
Amanda Carey
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 5:12:56 AM via Website

Hi everyone!

So, I just received my MID tablet earlier this week, AND I am unfortunately having problems downloading ANY applications from the market.
I've synchronized my email with the app market and everything, and I've used my wifi to download applications, the problem is, NONE of them will download. Apparently they are "Unable to download."

I have 40 or so MB free on my tablet & I REALLY want to add new applications on there.

Advice?

Tim Horne

Dec 21, 2011, 4:58:14 AM via Website

Hey Amanda, I feel your pain. Unfortunately this is a problem with the android market for tablets. I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and it's given me the same issue from the day I got it. And now the new 3.4.4 market is giving my nexus s the same issue. The good news is that's its only the android market so I would recommend an alternative market. Google has to be aware of this issue cause it seems to be happening to a lot of tablets. Hopefully all these market issues will be fixed soon.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 28, 2011, 11:17:16 AM via Website

You can also try the AndroidPIT App Center. It is a 3rd party market but we have great service and a nice selection of apps. Try it out!

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 28, 2011, 11:27:09 AM via Website

Might sound obvious, but most often that's caused by an inability to sync, check your date and time settings, and all account settings, are correct.

— modified on Dec 28, 2011, 11:27:21 AM

Sinkster

Shimo

Dec 28, 2011, 4:53:51 PM via App

Amanda Carey
Hi everyone!

So, I just received my MID tablet earlier this week, AND I am unfortunately having problems downloading ANY applications from the market.
I've synchronized my email with the app market and everything, and I've used my wifi to download applications, the problem is, NONE of them will download. Apparently they are "Unable to download."

I have 40 or so MB free on my tablet & I REALLY want to add new applications on there.

Advice?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 28, 2011, 6:55:14 PM via Website

Try going to settings/applications/manage applications/all/market and clearing data, then sign in again and see if thaqt works. also try the web based market https://market.android.com/ and try to download from there. If you can't do the second one then it's an account issue i.e. location, hardware etc.

Sinkster

Nick Gian

Jan 2, 2012, 10:41:48 PM via Website

I had the same problem when the date on my tablet was completely incorrect (2 years back), maybe this could be the reason?

bashir zaki

Nov 30, 2012, 2:51:35 AM via Website

Tim Horne
Hey Amanda, I feel your pain. Unfortunately this is a problem with the android market for tablets. I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and it's given me the same issue from the day I got it. And now the new 3.4.4 market is giving my nexus s the same issue. The good news is that's its only the android market so I would recommend an alternative market. Google has to be aware of this issue cause it seems to be happening to a lot of tablets. Hopefully all these market issues will be fixed soon.

Webelinx
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 5, 2012, 4:03:12 PM via Website

It's caused by an inability to sync.