Some Questions About LG Optimus on Virgin Mobile

• Replies:4
Enrico Melowitz
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 4, 2011, 11:41:12 AM via Website

So I heard that the LG Optimus Black is coming to the Virgin Mobile network and I have a couple of questions:

1) has LG actually made a good phone? their other phones are total crap as everyone knows

2) will the phone come with a sim card on the Virgin Mobile network?

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 6:03:45 PM by moderator

GeoHall
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 5:13:30 AM via Website

Enrico Melowitz
So I heard that the LG Optimus Black is coming to the Virgin Mobile network and I have a couple of questions:

1) has LG actually made a good phone? their other phones are total crap as everyone knows

2) will the phone come with a sim card on the Virgin Mobile network?

( All indications that I have seen agree that the LG optimus black will be coming to Virgin Mobile and others later this year. Sprint should be getting it sometime in October and another forum seems to think that Virgin Mobile USA will be getting it a little later possibly in December. Why do you say that everyone knows that LG phone are crap?, The LG Optimus V, as well as the versions at Sprint, AT&T, US Cellular, Verizon and others has been quite popular and has a very high rating. It is well built and works just as you expect it to. There are very few complaints by anyone on this phone

I am currently using an Optimus V , have had it since February this year, and I think it is a great phone. By the way, I also have in my family two iPhones, 3GS and 4 and I am used to using those, my daughter uses them also, and I still love the little Optimus V. So I think the LG Optimus Black could be a great phone for the Virgin Mobile customers.
It will not have a sim card as Virgin Mobile as well as Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular do not use sim cards in their phones.)

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 6:04:44 PM by moderator

Enrico Melowitz
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 5, 2011, 11:38:08 AM via Website

Wow, thanks for the detailed info! That's good news.

What I meant by LG was that I thought their phones were really bad in the pre-smartphone days. Thanks for the reassuring news, I am leaning towards getting it on the Virgin Mobile network because I don't want to get into another 2 year contract.

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 6:07:48 PM by moderator

Johnny Mangan
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 2:08:27 AM via Website

where have you found the sources that confirm that the LG Optimus Black will arrive in December for Virgin Mobile? I have read many places and all they say is that the Optimus Black is heavily rumored...

Dylan Ferguson
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 10, 2011, 10:39:04 AM via Website

Hmmm I just practiced a little Google-Fu and apparently I am not yet one enough with Google to get a firm date. People were talking about the Optimus Black coming out 6 months ago in the US but since then there hasn't been much info. I did find a blurry photo of a Sprint branded LG Optimus Black taken at a Radio Shack developers event recently, which probably mean the phone is going to launch soon. With the Christmas shopping season right around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if it's really going to launch in the next 6 months.