Many Popular Apps not appearing in Android Market on my Galaxy S2

• Replies:7
Ryan Ibrahim
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 9, 2011, 6:40:11 PM via Website

Guys please help...

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 from amazon UK but many of the apps are not appearing in the market, even popular ones like Skype, Whatsapp, ..., when I try to download it after scanning the bar code I get the message "Item Not Found".

FYI in the settings of the Android Market the filter for the Apps is set to "High Maturity" and I tried to change it to show "Everything" but I think it gets reset to "High Maturity" when I close the settings.

So I figured if I reset the Sales Code I could unlock everything.

However when I tried the solution (#*272*IMEI#) on my phone I cannot change the sales code option, I tried pasting the code XSG but when I click Install I get a message "Must be THREE chars."

Please help me to find a solution for this, I dont want to look for each app in softpedia or other websites so I can download popular apps. :(:(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Harold
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 10, 2011, 6:37:53 PM via Website

I have exactly the same problem. Android Market tells me that my filter is not compatible, no matter which maturity option I select.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 10, 2011, 6:51:01 PM via Website

Hm, I will tweet this to my follower...

Harold
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 10, 2011, 6:55:21 PM via Website

How strange... If tried to modify to "High Maturity" and "Show all" a couple of times, and suddenly it worked.

"Keep trying" probably isn't what you hoped for... :-(

Ryan Ibrahim

Jun 12, 2011, 3:32:55 PM via Website

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support.

Problem still exists. Now I'm looking for Shazam as well but nowhere to be found in the android marker. :wacko:

Just FYI, my content filtering is set to "High Maturity", and when I contacted the android support team, they told me if I select "Show All Apps" it will be set to "High Maturity".

If I could only change the Sales Code Option this sh*t will all be over.

— modified on Jun 12, 2011, 3:34:25 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 14, 2011, 10:50:41 AM via Website

This might be an issue related to where you are accessing the market from. Where are you currently located?

Ryan Ibrahim

Jun 14, 2011, 12:32:07 PM via Website

Hi Steven,

I am currently in Saudi Arabia, but I don't think that's the problem since I also have a Galaxy Tab and after I changed the Sales Code Option I can access all apps on the market on the Tab.

I also did a hard reset on the phone and started it without putting my SIM, I just used WiFi to see if that might be the problem. But still :(

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 14, 2011, 2:25:06 PM via Website

Oh noes! It must either be a carrier or phone issue, then. Apps may not be available for your type of mobile device, in your location, or on your mobile service provider.

Which apps specifically can't you download? Maybe you could try downloading them from the developer's website or AndroidPIT? I apologize I'm not able to think of a better answer! :(