Can I print to a wireless printer directly from my Droid?

• Replies:14
  • Answered
Curt F.
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 29, 2010, 5:56:30 AM via Website

I would love to be able to print documents directly from my Motorola Droid. Is there any way to do that?

Curt F.

Jul 29, 2010, 6:24:02 AM via Website

Wow! Thanks for the fast response. I will give PrinterShare a try. My new wireless printer arrives tomorrow. This will help me out immensely if it works well.

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 11:10:16 AM by moderator

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 29, 2010, 6:41:45 AM via Website

I found their press release:

Note to all: Printshare also works on shared network printers as long as you have their software installed on your PC.

I have a "wired" network printer connected to my "wireless" router with the software installed on my "wireless" laptop and it works great.

What's even more awesome is that I can print to my home computer even if I'm not home! "AND IT"S FREE"

Quote from their website:

With PrinterShare® you can share your printer in less than a minute and let other people connected to the Internet (your friends, relative and colleagues) print paper documents on it. You don't need to know or deal with specifics of network sharing, complex settings and figuring out Windows access rights.

Our software automatically detects printers connected to your computer including local network printers. As long as you can print in it yourself, you can share the printer and let other people use it.

Source: http://www.printeranywhere.com/

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 11:10:56 AM by moderator

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 16, 2011, 11:15:43 AM via Website

All Wireless printing infromation from AndroidPIT can be found here hope that helps. If you still have questions check back in our forums!

Rok Le
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 5:58:59 AM via Website

Google Cloud Print works perfectly and its easy to setup wireless printing. You should test it out.

Will Robertson

Oct 18, 2012, 8:37:44 PM via Website

Note to all... unless I'm missing something here there is no app called print share... it is called PrinterShare and it is NOT FREE. Yes, the first app is free but useless without paying $13 for the "key." Probably not a bad deal but I hate the deceptive approach to something that Droid should have included in the basic OS. What is the $13 for? With the HP 802.11G and a modern wireless router sending any document to the printer should not require additional purchased software. Just my view.

Cheryl

May 24, 2013, 5:41:56 AM via Website

Well I thought I had PrinterShare working and it said it printed, but it did not! :mad: IDK what I am doing wrong?

g-telware
  • Forum posts: 48

May 24, 2013, 11:56:37 AM via Website

I am not aware of this technology. So I must say thanks for such useful post.

brollySSJ
  • Forum posts: 2

May 22, 2018, 12:57:00 AM via Website

Print Directly to USB, Bluetooth, or Networked Printer. ... Alternately, you may have a printer you want to physically connect to your Android phone or tablet via a USB OTG cable. Or, you may have a wireless printer that connects over Bluetooth

Richard12345

Jun 7, 2018, 5:46:54 PM via Website

nice post

Richard12345

Jun 7, 2018, 5:48:40 PM via Website

I am agree with the post

john smith

Sep 6, 2018, 9:04:06 AM via Website

If you want to use a USB connection for a computer and also print over a network from your Android device, you can connect the printer through USB and to your network at the same time. If your printer is connected to your Android device with a USB OTG cable, you can print from your Android device.

If you face any issue with your wireless printer get Help from this

— modified on Sep 6, 2018, 9:30:32 AM