Metallic phone housing - Not that tough afterall...

• Replies:7
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 3

May 31, 2010, 5:44:14 PM via Website

Accidentally dropped my HTC Legend while I was walking. Resulted in 2 visible chip off.

The metallic housing is not that tough afterall, despite seeing so many reviews abt the tough housing.

Anyone knows how much it costs to be replaced?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

May 31, 2010, 6:31:37 PM via Website

Where on the casing are the chips and where do you live? If you live in or near a big city, you may be able to find a repair store that can order replacement parts for the phone. Worst case scenario (assuming you will pay any price to fix the phone) would be buying a new one. If you call HTC and hear anything informative from them, posting it up would be appreciated, as I know someone else thinking about repairing their HTC phone.

If the scratches are on the back or sides, maybe you could just buy a leather case for the phone to cover the scratch, at least until you find a solution or save enough money to repair/replace the scratched piece.

— modified on May 31, 2010, 6:31:54 PM

Charriot Stone
  • Forum posts: 317

Jun 3, 2010, 6:35:23 PM via App

consider it as koh branding

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 4, 2010, 3:33:05 PM via Website

Called up HTC Singapore. Replace housing costs SGD91 and takes 3 to 5 working days.

Jim Walker
  • Forum posts: 34

Jun 7, 2010, 10:03:44 PM via App

You could get a silicone case.They come in different colours.you wouldn't see the chips and your phone would be protected from further damage.

Ruud Blauw
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 11:20:35 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
do you have to ship the phone to them? if so, did you have to pay for shipping and how much did it cost? i'm looking into prices for touchscreen replacement.

A friend of mine dropped his Legend and killed his touchscreen. HTC service centres told him that fixin'this problem would cost him around €250.
After a little bit of searchin he found a dutch website www.mobielbereikbaar.nl and found this part:

It cost him about €55 euro's so alot cheaper. Dunno if they ship 2 your country though mayb you should look on ebay or something. Once you got the part there are alot of guides out there how to replace it.

— modified on Jul 2, 2010, 11:21:43 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 2, 2010, 2:05:53 PM via Website

Thankfully my touchscreen still works, it just has some cracks in it that look bad. I did see some replacement screens on Amazon that would cost around $60-70 including shipping, but I think I will just wait a bit and see what happens. Maybe it'll transform itself into something better?