I can’t hear the other person’s voice

• Replies:1
Qwerty Qwerty
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 5, 2023, 9:54:23 AM via Website

Hi all! I have (Windows10} installed on my laptop.... When I call, I can’t hear the voice of the interlocutor, but he can hear me... What should I do? Thank you!

Journey Through Time
  • Forum posts: 28

Oct 5, 2023, 6:49:36 PM via Website

If you are experiencing issues where you can't hear the voice of the person you are calling on your Windows 10 laptop, but they can hear you, there could be several potential causes for this problem. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue:

Check Your Volume Settings:

Ensure that your laptop's volume is not muted or turned down too low. You can adjust the volume by clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and adjusting the volume slider.
Check the Application's Volume Settings:

If you are using a specific communication application (e.g., Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams), check its volume settings within the app. Sometimes, applications have their own volume controls.
Check Your Audio Output Device:

Make sure your laptop is using the correct audio output device. Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select "Open Sound settings." Under "Output," choose the correct audio device (e.g., speakers or headphones) that you want to use.
Test Your Audio Device:

Confirm that your audio device (speakers or headphones) is working correctly by testing it with other applications or playing a video or audio file.
Restart the Communication App:

Close and restart the communication application you are using. Sometimes, glitches or temporary issues can cause audio problems.
Update Audio Drivers:

Outdated or corrupted audio drivers can lead to audio issues. To update your audio drivers: a. Right-click the Start button and select "Device Manager." b. Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section. c. Right-click your audio device and select "Update driver."
Check Microphone Permissions:

Ensure that the communication app has permission to access your microphone. You can check and grant these permissions in the Windows Settings under "Privacy."
Disable Audio Enhancements:

Some audio enhancements or effects can interfere with the audio. Go to the Sound settings (right-click the speaker icon > Sound settings > Sound Control Panel), select your audio device, and go to the "Enhancements" tab. Try disabling audio enhancements if they are enabled.
Check for Software Conflicts:

Certain third-party software or conflicting applications can disrupt audio. Try closing unnecessary background applications and see if the issue persists.
Update Windows:

Ensure that your Windows 10 operating system is up to date. Updates can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.
Reinstall the Communication App:

If the problem persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the communication application you are using.
Hardware Issues:

If none of the above solutions work, there may be a hardware issue with your laptop's audio components. In this case, you may need to consult with a technician for further diagnostics and potential repairs.
By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and resolve the issue of not hearing the voice of the person you are calling on your Windows 10 laptop.