How Can I Undo a Seen Message Into Unseen Message On Instagram For Everyone

• Replies:5
Tusharpalve
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 1, 2023, 10:24:51 AM via Website

Hello There
I Got Message From a Person On Instagram But Mistakenly I Opened That Person Message And Now It is No More Unread message
So How Can I Undo Or Revert This Change in Message Status (i.e Sent And Seen) OR How Can I Unseen a Seen Message In DM Of Instagram

Everyone Please Help me On This Issue

Deactivated Account

Rubens Eishima
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 128

Oct 2, 2023, 11:18:01 AM via Website

Not possible.

Journey Through Time
  • Forum posts: 28

Oct 2, 2023, 7:00:41 PM via Website

Instagram does not offer a built-in feature to undo or revert the change in message status from "unread" to "seen" once you've opened a direct message (DM). Once you've viewed a message, it will be marked as "seen," and this action cannot be undone through the Instagram app.

If you've accidentally opened a message and want to maintain the appearance of it being unread, you may consider these options:

Turn Off Read Receipts: You can disable read receipts in your Instagram settings to prevent others from knowing when you've read their messages. However, this will also disable your ability to see when others have read your messages.

Use Airplane Mode (Limited Success): Some users have reported that if you open a message while in airplane mode (with Wi-Fi and cellular data turned off), Instagram may not mark it as "seen." However, this is not a guaranteed method, and Instagram may have updated its functionality since then.

Contact Instagram Support: If you believe there was a technical issue or a bug causing the message status to change unexpectedly, you can try reaching out to Instagram's support team through the app for assistance. They may be able to help, but there are no guarantees.

Please note that Instagram's features and functionalities can change over time with updates, so it's a good idea to check the latest Instagram Help Center or community forums for any new features or methods that may have been introduced

Deactivated AccountFatima Ansari

Tusharpalve
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 27, 2023, 9:17:47 AM via Website

Journey Through Time

Instagram does not offer a built-in feature to undo or revert the change in message status from "unread" to "seen" once you've opened a direct message (DM). Once you've viewed a message, it will be marked as "seen," and this action cannot be undone through the Instagram app.

If you've accidentally opened a message and want to maintain the appearance of it being unread, you may consider these options:

Turn Off Read Receipts: You can disable read receipts in your Instagram settings to prevent others from knowing when you've read their messages. However, this will also disable your ability to see when others have read your messages.

Use Airplane Mode (Limited Success): Some users have reported that if you open a message while in airplane mode (with Wi-Fi and cellular data turned off), Instagram may not mark it as "seen." However, this is not a guaranteed method, and Instagram may have updated its functionality since then.

Contact Instagram Support: If you believe there was a technical issue or a bug causing the message status to change unexpectedly, you can try reaching out to Instagram's support team through the app for assistance. They may be able to help, but there are no guarantees.

Please note that Instagram's features and functionalities can change over time with updates, so it's a good idea to check the latest Instagram Help Center or community forums for any new features or methods that may have been introduced

Please Help me Out In This Issue

Deactivated Account

Fatima Ansari
  • Forum posts: 21

Nov 3, 2023, 10:23:43 PM via Website

On Instagram, once you've opened a direct message (DM), it will be marked as "seen," and this cannot be undone within the app. To maintain the appearance of an unread message, you can:

Turn Off Read Receipts: Disable read receipts in your Instagram settings, but be aware that this will also prevent you from seeing when others have read your messages.

Use Airplane Mode (Limited Success): Opening a message while in airplane mode (with Wi-Fi and cellular data turned off) might prevent Instagram from marking it as "seen," but it's not guaranteed to work, as Instagram's functionality can change.

Contact Instagram Support: If you suspect a technical issue or bug, reach out to Instagram's support team through the app for assistance. They may be able to help, but there are no guarantees. Remember that Instagram's features can change with updates, so check the latest resources for any new methods introduced.

Deactivated Account

Iqbal
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 5, 2023, 6:35:13 AM via Website

Instagram's direct messages (DMs) once you have opened and viewed it. Once you've opened a message, the sender will be able to see that you've viewed it, and it will change from "Unread" to "Seen."

Instagram doesn't provide a feature to revert this status or make a message appear as if it hasn't been seen. If you need to communicate with the person discreetly, you may consider reaching out to them and explaining the situation, but the message status cannot be changed within the app.

Please note that Instagram features and settings may have evolved since my last knowledge update, so it's a good idea to check the most recent Instagram help resources or the app itself for any new features or changes related to message status.