Motorola Moto G — How do I connect my mobile phone with my laptop?

• Replies:4
  • Answered
trammygombez
  • Forum posts: 1

May 1, 2023, 10:03:00 AM via Website

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Moto G71 5G not connecting to my intel core i7 laptop. I have tried everything I know, but nothing seems to work. I have tried restarting both my phone and laptop, checking the USB cable, and reinstalling the drivers, but still, the problem persists.

My phone is recognized by my laptop, but it is not connecting properly. I'm not able to transfer any files or photos from my phone to the laptop. I'm using an Android phone and Windows 10 laptop.

I'm not sure what else to do, and it's frustrating because I need to transfer some important files from my phone to my laptop for work. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions you may have.

Thank you in advance!

Best answer
Min Ka

May 2, 2023, 9:24:09 AM via Website

I had the same problem as you and I had a friend help me to realize the problem was caused by the computer operating system not supporting it.

Helpful?
trammygombez
Hanna Jordan

May 2, 2023, 11:14:52 AM via Website

You need to enable USB debugging on your phone first. To do that, go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number seven times. Then go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging. After that, plug your phone into your laptop and you should see a notification on your phone asking you to allow USB debugging. Tap on OK and your phone should be connected to your laptop. You can then access your phone’s files from your laptop or use other tools like ADB or Android Studio. Hope this helps!

Best regards, Hanna from CodeIT (codeit.us)

Helpful?
trammygombez
wextio
  • Forum posts: 124

May 3, 2023, 10:33:55 AM via Website

Connect the Moto G to your PC using the USB cable.
Drag the status bar down.
Choose “Charging this device via USB.”
Choose an option, in this case, “File Transfer.”
Choose your Moto G on the desktop.
Choose “Open device to view files.”

Helpful?
trammygombez
Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

Sep 25, 2023, 12:13:16 PM via Website

Here are a few essential steps to resolve the problem:

Check USB Cable: Verify the USB cable you're using is functioning correctly.

USB Mode (MTP): On your Moto G71 5G, set the USB connection mode to "Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)".

Update Android: Ensure your Moto G71 5G is running the latest Android OS version.

You can also refer to the article for more detailed troubleshooting steps.

— modified on Sep 25, 2023, 12:13:40 PM

Helpful?