Disable Messenger's "Contact is in another call" message

• Replies:7
Coco Loco
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 29, 2022, 7:17:01 PM via Website

Hello
Looking for a way to Disable Messenger's "Contact is in another call" message when someone else calls you in Messenger and you are in a call.It does tells it either you are in Messenger call or in a Phone call (not sure about other apps calls)
Disabling it either totally or at least when the call is not in Messenger
It does breaks privacy,there should be option to be disabled/enabled

The Phantom
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 30, 2022, 3:20:56 PM via Website

I have the same problem. Is there any possibility to turn it off somehow?

Helpful?
PaulYorke
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 1, 2022, 3:12:26 PM via Website

Click on the Gear Icon into the right side of the Facebook page. It is directly below the Facebook friend list on the right corner of the messenger page. Select Turn Off Video/Voice calls option into the pop up menu. Then, Select the any other option and click on the Disable.

Helpful?
PaulYorke
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 1, 2022, 3:13:25 PM via Website

I am also facing the same issue.

Helpful?
ahmed abdullah
  • Forum posts: 26

Aug 14, 2023, 7:41:26 AM via Website

Hello! Currently, Messenger doesn't offer a built-in option to disable the "Contact is in another call" message during calls. This feature might differ between apps. To maintain privacy, it's recommended to provide feedback to Messenger's developers about this concern, requesting an option to disable or enable this notification. They often consider user feedback to improve the app's features.

Helpful?
Heehe
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 10, 2023, 4:15:54 AM via Website

I have the same problem as you. But I don't know how to improve it?
This makes me uncomfortable when talking on the phone.

Helpful?
Billu Bansal
  • Forum posts: 18

Feb 10, 2024, 5:40:50 PM via Website

There isn't a built-in option within official Facebook Messenger to disable the "Contact is in another call" message. However, modified FB messenger may offer this feature.

Helpful?
Shohag pdfup
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 25, 2024, 10:14:48 AM via Website

I understand your desire to disable the "Contact is in another call" message on Messenger. However, it's important to understand that disabling this feature would compromise the privacy of others and go against the platform's intended functionality.

Here's why:

Privacy: When you're in a call, you might not want to be disturbed by other calls, and this message lets others know you're unavailable. Disabling it would remove this courtesy and could lead to unwanted interruptions.
Anti-spam: This message can help prevent spam calls and unwanted connections, especially from automated systems that might not recognize you're already engaged.
Transparency: Knowing someone is already in a call helps manage expectations and avoid misunderstandings.
Currently, there is no built-in option to disable this notification, regardless of the call type (Messenger or phone call). This is likely due to the reasons mentioned above.

Helpful?