Changing WhatsApp wallpapers

• Replies:2
SocialNutter
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 10, 2022, 4:01:58 PM via Website

Hi,

I’m trying to change the wallpaper for individual chats on WhatsApp. I have an iPhone running iOS 15.4.1. The procedure seems pretty simple - I tap the header of the chat, ‘wallpaper and sounds’, then select the image I want and tap ‘set’. But nothing changes. I can successfully change the wallpaper for all chats at once through ‘settings’ but not individual chats, even though it looks as if the function is available. I’ve tried to contact WhatsApp about this but they haven’t been helpful at all!

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

AtifNawaz
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 13, 2023, 9:22:53 PM via Website

It seems like you're encountering an issue with changing the wallpaper for individual chats on WhatsApp using your iPhone running iOS 15.4.1. If the procedure you mentioned isn't working as expected, you might want to try the following troubleshooting steps:

Update WhatsApp: Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your iPhone. Outdated versions could potentially have bugs or compatibility issues.

Restart WhatsApp: Sometimes, simply restarting the app can resolve minor glitches. Close WhatsApp completely from the app switcher and then reopen it.

Restart Your iPhone: A restart of your device can also help clear out any temporary issues that might be affecting WhatsApp's functionality.

Check App Permissions: Make sure WhatsApp has permission to access your photos. Go to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Photos," then ensure WhatsApp is enabled.

Check Storage: Ensure that you have enough storage space available on your iPhone. Sometimes, insufficient storage can affect app performance.

Check Internet Connection: A stable and reliable internet connection is necessary for many app features to work properly. Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.

Clear Cache: If WhatsApp has a cache-clearing option, try using it. This can sometimes help resolve issues related to app performance.

Try a Different Image: Sometimes, specific images might have compatibility issues. Try selecting a different image to see if the problem persists.

Contact WhatsApp Support: If the issue still persists after trying the above steps, you can try reaching out to WhatsApp support again. Explain the problem in detail, including the steps you've taken to troubleshoot, so they can provide more specific assistance.

Wait for Updates: If the problem is a known issue, it might be resolved in a future update. Keep an eye out for updates to both iOS and WhatsApp.

If all else fails, you could consider waiting for further updates or using the global wallpaper feature until the issue is resolved. It's unfortunate that you haven't received helpful assistance from WhatsApp so far, but trying the steps above might help you get closer to resolving the problem on your own.

Helpful?
ahmed abdullah
  • Forum posts: 26

Aug 15, 2023, 7:54:43 PM via Website

Hello,

I understand your frustration with trying to change individual chat wallpapers on WhatsApp for your iPhone running iOS 15.4.1. The procedure seems straightforward, yet you're encountering difficulties. Changing wallpapers for all chats through 'settings' works, but not for individual chats, despite the available function.

To address this:

Restart App: Try force-closing WhatsApp and reopening it. This might resolve minor glitches affecting the wallpaper change.

Update WhatsApp: Ensure you have the latest WhatsApp version from the App Store. Updates often contain bug fixes.

Check Permissions: Verify if WhatsApp has access to your photos. Navigate to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Photos and make sure WhatsApp has permission.

Image Format: Confirm that the images you're selecting meet WhatsApp's format requirements. Experiment with different images to check if the issue persists.

Contact Support: Despite your initial experience, consider reaching out to WhatsApp support again. Provide detailed explanations and screenshots if possible.

Provide Feedback: If the problem remains, use the app's feedback feature to report the issue to developers.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the individual chat wallpaper change problem and hopefully enjoy personalized chat backgrounds.

Helpful?
AtifNawaz