Unable To Restore Whatsapp Backup

• Replies:5
Active user
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 5, 2022, 1:17:25 PM via Website

Hi,

I am having 2 Android devices. A Honor 8 Pro Old Phone & new Oneplus 9 Rt

I tried to backup my whatsapp from 8Pro To 9RT but While I try to restore it in 9Rt the Restoration process is going on for more than an Hour and after that i Receive a message that

"UNABLE TO RESTORE YOUR CHATS FROM THIS BACKUP. Do You want to restore your chats from an older backup ?"

Then when i select restore from older and choose the old automatically backed up message file, then the process continues for more than an hour and the same error message comes.

I tried to backup my chats to a new mail id and restore it from there still the same issue is coming.

Please help me to solve this Issue.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Feb 6, 2022, 5:38:25 AM via Website

Have you made a backup to your Google Drive? Are you sure that you have set your Google account on the new device? Can you access the Google Drive on your new phone?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Active user

Feb 6, 2022, 6:54:14 AM via Website

Yes i have made a backup In Google Drive and I linked it with new phone and can access Drive in it.!

This message is showing once i try to restore from Drive.

""Unable to restore your chats from this backup. Do you want to restore your chats from an older backup""

When I chose only phone manual backup file to restore , then this message came

Sorry We Are Unable to Backup any of your messages history backup

Please Help me

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
etiennepatierno
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 7, 2022, 8:11:03 AM via Website

i had the same problem and wasn't able to solve it

Helpful?
xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Feb 9, 2022, 3:50:52 AM via Website

Hi, you can try Google Drive to help you transfer whatsapp messages from your Honor 8 Pro Old Phone to your new Oneplus 9 Rt as below:

Step 1. First of all, you need to backup the previous WhatsApp history to your own Google Drive. This process can be done by opening up your WhatsApp, going to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back Up to backup WhatsApp messages to Google Drive.

The steps above will initiate the process of manually copying the chats to Google Drive. Or you will be given the capability to set to an auto feature that will initiate this step as often as you are preferring.

Step 2. To transfer the backup to the new Android Phone, you will need to install WhatsApp on the new Android device, log in with your original WhatsApp account.

Step 3. Once verifying your phone number, you may be prompted to revive chats and media from Google Drive. Once the restoration method is complete, all of your messages ought to have appeared on your new Android phone.

And you can also try do that via Local Backup or by Using WhatsApp Transfer tool. About the details, you can check this article. Hope this will be your help.

— modified on Feb 9, 2022, 3:51:20 AM

Helpful?
Active user

Feb 9, 2022, 3:56:20 PM via Website

@xiamia

I tried to do google drive backup method.

First i tried with my already linked google account- the backup was about 5+GB size so thought that it might be the reason for the error.

So i linked a new mail id to whatsapp & made a fresh backup

Still the same kinda error was happening.

and the new backup was only about 1.5gb

I also tried to backup using just phone backup file without connecting to google drive then also it is getting stuck at 24% and all of a sudden it reaches 100% and shows cannot restore chats.

Helpful?