Motorola Moto G — Bluetooth problems with Moto G8 Power

• Replies:4
Brenthard
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 5, 2021, 2:19:08 PM via Website

I have a brand new Moto G8 Power. So far I am very disappointed with the bluetooth. Here are my main concerns

1. The phone refuses to pair with my Plantronics ML70 headset and my Taotronics headphones, which never was a problem with my old Moto G5S Plus phone.
  2. It does connect with my JBL 220 TWS earbuds. But here the problem is that the sound is of a much lower quality than expected, really "cheap". Also this was much better with my old phone.

Is his simply what is to expected of the model, or is there something wrong with the phone I bought? I am surpised because it seemed obvious that this phone should be at least quite as good as the old one, judging from the reviews I read.

Tiyio
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 5, 2021, 2:33:03 PM via Website

This is the most obvious reason to pick up a G8 Power: you want to go more than a day, and possibly two, without recharging. That’s totally feasible, although we’re less sure about Motorola’s claim of up to three days.

Helpful?
Brenthard

Jan 5, 2021, 3:42:29 PM via Website

Yes, the battery was obviously one of the reasons I bought it. To early to say how it works (I started to use it only yesterday). About the other issues: I solved the connectivity problems, had simply forgotten how to pair the mentioned devices (music). But the second issue is still relevant, bad sound quality with JBL 220 TWS. The strange thing is that now when I have connected the Taothronics headphones, I find that the sound is really good with them. I always thought that it was either good or not, but it seems to depend also to what you are connecting (remember that the JBL earbuds work well with my old Moto phone).

Helpful?
Brenthard

Jan 8, 2021, 9:14:57 AM via Website

It seems I managed to solve this.

1. The connection problems had to do with me not remembering how the devices in question pair (excuse me for posting).
  2. The second is more interesting and might have some value also for others users. It turned out that the low quality sound I experienced had to do with the phones "smart audio" settings. After changing this to customize and choosing "bass boost" and "surround" the sound is much better than I have ever experienced on a phone with the same earbuds (only tried chamber music so far).

I am starting to think that Moto G8 Power is an excellent phone, if you only take time to explore its settings.

Helpful?
James Watson
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jan 9, 2021, 7:31:46 AM via Website

Congratulations on the issue solved. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?