Restoring deleted messages from an old backup without reinstalling whatsapp

• Replies:2
haddockcaptain
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 6, 2020, 8:48:25 AM via Website

Hi guys,

I have a small problem here. I have an old backup on my google drive from July and I have a new backup from November. I have some important messages from June and earlier that got deleted and that I need to recover and which I have for sure in my July backup. Unfortunately I am away in another continent and I am using a local SIM and I dont have my other SIM, so if I try to reinstall the whatsapp I believe it asks me to send them a confirmation code that I receive via message.

So my question is - is it possible that I install (may be through some paid app?) my old backup without reinstalling whatsapp? It's urgent and really important. Thank you in advance.

P.S. also the backup is ONLY on google drive, I cannot find in my internal memory in 'My Files'. I am using Android.

Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

Nov 17, 2020, 4:17:25 AM via Website

Renaming the file in your local data. And then 1 missing step is to go to your google drive and delete that latest data saved in your google drive.

That way, when you reinstall your whatsapp, they will restore based on your latest local data which you have renamed earlier.

Helpful?
lasarka3
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 17, 2020, 10:33:18 AM via Website

I would say that it is impossible. What is the problem with re-installing WhatsApp? If you do it, the files that you have deleted by chance would appear again. However, some photos and videos might be lost. Try it at least or go to the service.

Helpful?