Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Samsung Note 3 Stuck on Samsung Logo on Booting

• Replies:8
jasonswl
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 23, 2020, 10:18:37 AM via Website

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get your advice on my phone: my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been stuck on the Samsung logo after booting up and doesn't boot beyond that. It was a sudden occurrence as the phone was working perfectly the night before.

1. What I have attempted:
    Here's what I have attempted / ruled out:

• Prior to the issue I have not downloaded any other apps (ruling out any cause of malicious apps)
    • Recharged battery (no battery issue) and battery working perfectly fine
    • Cleared the system cache
    • Tried to boot in Safe Mode (but could not boot in Safe Mode because phone could not progress beyond the Samsung logo)
  2. Important phone content: Most important to me are the Photos in the Gallery, downloaded Music and WhatsApp data

• My Google Photos contains only one part of the photos (i.e. Google Photos are not complete, but Gallery is complete)
    • If it is still possible to salvage the situation, I am looking for a solution that preferably does not involve doing a factory reset or any sort of data wipe, at least until I backup my Photos, Music and WhatsApp backup data.
  3. Any suggestions: Would Smart Switch be able to help extract data out of the phone, even when it is booting? As I've read that Kies is only applicable for Samsung Note 2 and below.

• Are there any other PC suites or software which can access and backup the phone's content without having to fully boot the phone to the usual home screen?

Any suggestions or advice on the above would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jul 23, 2020, 10:26:15 AM via Website

Did you try to restart it?

Helpful?
jasonswl

Jul 23, 2020, 10:32:39 AM via Website

Multiple times, yes. More than I can count.

Helpful?
KylieRampling
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 24, 2020, 12:56:51 PM via Website

When my Xiaomi had same issue I just gave it for repair. There are many local shops that do repair. Maybe they have to reboot motherboard.

Helpful?
jasonswl

Jul 24, 2020, 5:28:32 PM via Website

Hi Maximus,

Thanks for the app suggestion - I'll check that out. In the meantime, may I clarify as to what 're-flashing the rom' is? How would this possibly help?

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jul 24, 2020, 11:01:26 PM via Website

See this
https://www.howtogeek.com/341321/how-to-manually-update-your-samsung-phone-with-odin/

Re-flashing will fix the boot loop for sure but all your data will be erased. Odin tool is easy to use but read the instructions carefully.

you are using Note 3, so don't worry about Knox and other stuff.

If you fail with this app https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-issue/boot-loop-android.html then go for re-flashing.

Ready To Help You.

Helpful?
AmeliaSmith
  • Forum posts: 15

Jul 28, 2020, 12:06:10 PM via Website

Just wait until it will shut down

Helpful?
Emmachapman
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 28, 2020, 5:49:19 PM via Website

I also had this problem, after that i bought an iphone

Helpful?