whatsapp chat!

• Replies:7
  • Answered
whatsapp-rover
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 10, 2020, 12:51:11 AM via Website

Hi all,

I recently lost (I think) my phone's battery. It just started to discharge and then shut off completely. I learnt from the web that Motorola is notorious for these things. Model G5S, bought 1.5 years ago.

I had a bunch of whatsapp chats and documents that I'm sure I was backing up to my google drive tied to one of my emails (email A)

I have now got another chinese (I know) phones. This new phone was backing an existing whatsapp to another gmail (email B) account. I uninstalled whatsapp on the new phone, reinstalled it and waited for whatsapp to give me an option of emails to restore from but it did not.

Instead, it simply restored gmail (email B). Is there any way I can restore from gmail (email A) to this phone or any other phone?

Any/all help will be God-sent.

Thank you all.

Best answer
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jul 11, 2020, 8:37:03 AM via Website

Any good repair shop should be able to change the battery of your old Motorola. No warranty problem there as it is already expired.

Helpful?
Jazzdevwhatsapp-rover
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jul 10, 2020, 4:23:23 AM via Website

If you want to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on some phone, you should have logged in with proper google account(gmail A) on this device.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
whatsapp-rover

Jul 11, 2020, 12:14:51 AM via Website

James Watson

If you want to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on some phone, you should have logged in with proper google account(gmail A) on this device.

Thanks, but I have 3 or 4 emails on this device. I was hoping to be asked in the beginning at time of "restore" which email/google drive to restore from. But it did not, it automatically assumed (gmail B) and restored.

Is deleting gmail B from this phone and trying the uninstall/reinstall/restore of whatsapp an option?

Helpful?
Best answer
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jul 11, 2020, 8:37:03 AM via Website

Any good repair shop should be able to change the battery of your old Motorola. No warranty problem there as it is already expired.

Helpful?
Jazzdevwhatsapp-rover
whatsapp-rover

Jul 11, 2020, 10:19:03 PM via Website

I have given it to a repair shop, will let me know early next week...keeping fingers crossed, it's just a bad feeling to feel held hostage to these bad phone designs...I mean what would have hurt them to have built an easily replaceable battery phone like some Samsungs or LG sets.

Thanks again for your advice, will report on the outcome of the repair shop when I get it.

Helpful?
Max Field
  • Forum posts: 32

Jul 13, 2020, 3:46:17 PM via Website

Hi Whatsapp-rover,

First of all uninstall WhatsApp from your new phone.

Now factory reset your new phone after backup up the phone's data to some other place.

After factory reset, set-up your new device with the right Gmail id with which you have taken the backup of your chats.

Now install the WhatsApp from Play Store and launch it and I hope this time WhatsApp will ask you to restore chats.

Helpful?
Jazzdev
  • Forum posts: 16

Apr 28, 2022, 8:40:14 AM via Website

I didn't understood your context

Helpful?
Joy of Smartphone
  • Forum posts: 22

May 17, 2022, 10:05:31 PM via Website

Are you not able to understand my answer?

Helpful?