Can I delete my Instagram Account and whole data associated with my account ?

• Replies:0
Its_ME^_^
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 13, 2020, 10:28:22 AM via Website

Hey guys!
Seriously it is very much annoying to know that your data is being sold and used by millions of companies just to target you with their advertisements.
I have deactivated my account, I also knew my data that is being used had so many private conversations, and I’m feeling sick now.
I have deactivated it but don’t know that following these steps and procedures will definitely remove my whole data from the internet or not?
www.purevpn.com/internet-privacy/how-to-delete-instagram-account
These steps that I followed
Because knowing that after deactivation, I can log back in any time, it means my data is still there when deactivated, so the chances are that when I delete my whole account my data will still be there.
Because a security researcher has discovered a massive cache of data for millions of Instagram accounts, publicly accessible for everyone to see. The account included sensitive information that would be useful to cyberstalkers, among others. As per study that I have read
Reference to the news
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/05/22/cache-of-49m-instagram-records-found-online/

Due to such news I am much more concerned with the data that I post/we post online, so are there any ways around to remove it.
Like I want to delete my Instagram account and facebook account too, however I have deactivated them for the time, till I get the proper solution to this.
Your thoughts?

Be the first to answer