Motorola Moto E — Issue with text messaging using the Moto e6.

• Replies:8
Em Erogork
  • Forum posts: 19

Jan 19, 2020, 4:12:51 AM via Website

I changed over to the Moto e6 from 5 years with the Moto G.

On the Moto G, it gave me scarcely 3 lines, full screen wide, to enter an outgoing text message. In order to proofread it, I had to use small finger movements to meticulously scroll or try to use the arrow keys. It was tedious especially if I wanted to go to either end of a line. In many cases, I would accidentally hit send. I would grumble and go with it.

I now have the Moto e6 and although it gives me four lines, the text is now crammed into 1/3 the width of the screen because the software places icons on either side of the text box. It went from bad to worse. I have no use for so much space to read the history of the texts.

Is there a fix for this or is there a different message app that I should try.

I could go and experiment with other apps but the one I tried asked about accepting too many changes in my phone that it made me nervous.

Maybe someone here can recommend a few to try and narrow the field for me.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 19, 2020, 4:15:52 AM via Website

A different message app.I have been using QKSMS for years and on different phones.Very happy with it

Helpful?
Em Erogork

Jan 19, 2020, 5:13:56 AM via Website

Looks good, 6 lines of text, full screen width.
The problem is that I do not see a price nor way to make the payment although I entered my paypal account information.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 19, 2020, 5:16:38 AM via Website

It is free.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 19, 2020, 5:17:25 AM via Website

It is free. There is also a paid for version but I never needed any additional feature .It is very good as it is

Helpful?
Em Erogork

Jan 19, 2020, 5:44:47 AM via Website

Ok, better and better although I don;t mind paying or making a donation.!
When I installed, it ran and I liked it right there.
When I try to use it from the icon, it looks as if my system is insisting to use the old app. It tells me to switch from QKSMS back to the original. When I decline the directive, no app is running.
Is there a switch to use? I tried to force stop the original but am not sure if I stopped the right one. QKSMS seems to be installed and running as indicated in my settings/apps list.

Helpful?
Em Erogork

Jan 20, 2020, 10:37:14 AM via Website

I tried the link but got lost in it.

After a comedy of errors and experiments, I finally got it all working.
Special thanks...

Helpful?
riaterwo
riaterwo
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 20, 2020, 1:47:13 PM via Website

Everything worked for me initially.

Helpful?