How to view Whatsapp photos without letting them automatically download

• Replies:15
bluntc0ncussi0n
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 4, 2020, 11:24:19 PM via Website

Anytime I someone sends me photos through Whatsapp I see photos downloaded to my phone's storage. I wish to view these photos on Whatsapp without that happening. Likewise, whenever I delete those photos on my phone, I can't view them on Whatsapp. I would also like to prevent this from happening as well as pretty much every other service I use to send messages such as text, email, and even Instagram doesn't do something so obnoxious like this. I'm normally able to view photos without any involvement from anything related to storage.

Sorin
  • Forum posts: 104

Jan 5, 2020, 3:29:25 PM via Website

You can use Opera browser on a PC and thus have faster access to messages and pictures of your WhatsApp account. You can view your photos more easily or download them to your computer. It is much more convenient to use from a computer, because there is no need to install a separate program.

Helpful?
James Watson
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 6, 2020, 11:55:10 PM via Website

I don't really care what I have to download in order to accomplish this but I usually don't message people when I'm at home, which is the only time I ever find myself in front of a computer. Please help me figure out how to do this on a smartphone or tablet instead.

Helpful?
Sorin
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 7, 2020, 3:03:28 AM via Website

Instead of finding complicated solutions with third part apps just preview (peek) your messages. Google it for the how to. Or,even better, clean the whatsapp downloads regularly deleting what you do not want to keep.

Helpful?
Sorin
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jan 7, 2020, 5:11:29 AM via Website

WhatsApp is built right into the Opera browser. WhatsApp in Opera's sidebar lets you send texts and voice recordings, make phone calls, and share documents and other media with WhatsApp users in individual or group chat. Have a try.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Sorin
Androidblue
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 9, 2020, 8:19:49 AM via Website

May be, there is no option to see without Download!

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 9, 2020, 9:24:28 PM via Website

I just looked up this peek feature and it seems like it's restricted to iPhones only, and I'm not a pleb I don't use those things. Also I obviously know I could delete the files that are crowding up my phone's storage. If I didn't I would not only likely be technologically inept, but also post this thread, since if I didn't know how to delete them I probably wouldn't even know they exist. What would work better is a way to automatically delete these files without me even having to look at them, much less acknowledge their existence or post a thread about them.

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 9, 2020, 9:26:45 PM via Website

I see. I guess my question is what's the difference between using Opera and a more commonly used browser or one that comes with the phone like Chrome? Is Opera the only browser that's compatible with these features?

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 11, 2020, 11:22:21 PM via Website

Are you going to answer my question...?

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 11, 2020, 11:22:44 PM via Website

Are you going to tell me what to do? I'm confused.

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 12, 2020, 10:25:39 PM via Website

?????

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 12, 2020, 10:25:54 PM via Website

?????

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 14, 2020, 3:23:32 AM via Website

James Watson

WhatsApp is built right into the Opera browser. WhatsApp in Opera's sidebar lets you send texts and voice recordings, make phone calls, and share documents and other media with WhatsApp users in individual or group chat. Have a try.

Do you have Down's syndrome or something? It seems like your speech center is fried.

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 14, 2020, 3:24:08 AM via Website

marco sarli

Instead of finding complicated solutions with third part apps just preview (peek) your messages. Google it for the how to. Or,even better, clean the whatsapp downloads regularly deleting what you do not want to keep.

Do you have Down's syndrome or something? It seems like your speech center is fried.

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 14, 2020, 11:27:05 PM via Website

Guess so. Thanks for clearing that up!

Helpful?
bluntc0ncussi0n

Jan 14, 2020, 11:27:17 PM via Website

Guess so. Thanks for clearing that up!

Helpful?